Hotspot Missing

mgiordani

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Dear All,
This is my first post in your very nice forum.

I need your help to fix a (software, I assume and hope!) problem. I realized that in my new iPad WiFi & 4G there isn't the option to activate the Personal Hotspot (between WiFi and Notifications).
I tried to do a Reset of the network settings but nothing happened.
I tried also to search for the function from Settings/General/Network but the function to activate it is not there.
I asked also to the Network Provider (Vodafone Egypt) but they confirmed that they didn't block it. In fact, in my iPhone 4S with the same provider the Personal Hotspot is there! I tried as well to swipe the two SIM cards with no success!
What else can I do to have the Hotspot? Do I have to take it back to Apple and ask a new one or the problem can be fixed?
Very thankful to any support.

Cheers,
Marcello

Last edited:

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Dear All,
This is my first post in your very nice forum.

I need your help to fix a (software, I assume and hope!) problem. I realized that in my new iPad WiFi & 4G there isn't the option to activate the Personal Hotspot (between WiFi and Notifications).
I tried to do a Reset of the network settings but nothing happened.
I tried also to search for the function from Settings/General/Network but the function to activate it is not there.
I asked also to the Network Provider (Vodafone Egypt) but they confirmed that they didn't block it. In fact, in my iPhone 4S with the same provider the Personal Hotspot is there! I tried as well to swipe the two SIM cards with no success!
What else can I do to have the Hotspot? Do I have to take it back to Apple and ask a new one or the problem can be fixed?
Very thankful to any support.

Cheers,
Marcello

Hi,

I believe the personal hotspot option is only for phones. I have just purchased a new iPad and I don't have a hot spot either. This is the first iPad that I have owned, so I'm not sure if previous iPads have had the personal hotspot feature.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
If your iPad is a Wi-Fi+4G it can share its cellular data connection using a Personal Hotspot. Turn it on by going to Settings > General > Network > Personal Hotspot.

If you don't see this option and the carrier supports it you should check for a carrier settings update.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I really can't believe that nobody can help me on this!
I know that many of you can!!! Please....Thank you!

Sounds like your carrier does not support the use of a hotspot. Call them back and ask for support. They control whether or not the feature exists through carrier usage profiles.

mgiordani

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Timhewitt.
Are you sure because I asked and they confirmed that they allow the hotspot.
In addition I have the hotspot option in the iPhone with the same carrier.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro