Adjust volume by holding edges?

Mister869

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am going a bit crazy with this. I have been a long time iPad user getting the original the day it was released and now have the new iPad. Sometimes when I hold it just so on the edges with both my hands, the volume goes up or down. Although I cannot figure out how to do it, it just happens with random grabs. Can any shed some light on it for me?

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I am going a bit crazy with this. I have been a long time iPad user getting the original the day it was released and now have the new iPad. Sometimes when I hold it just so on the edges with both my hands, the volume goes up or down. Although I cannot figure out how to do it, it just happens with random grabs. Can any shed some light on it for me?

I had a very similar problem with my first iPhone 4S, whereby the volume would go up and down when I wasn't even touching it, also my 4S would randomly shutdown too. The cause of both of the mentioned problems was that I was getting PANIC.PLIST entries listed in the Diagnostic & Usage data section. It might be worth checking yours to see what's shown or note down the date and time that you see the volume going up and down and then look in the Diagnostic log for any entries that relate to the time and date you noted.

To check the diagnostic log do the following (you might have some .PLIST entries shown these are normal to see). Settings/General/About/ scroll to the bottom and touch Diagnostic & Usage/Diagnostic & Usage Data. If you have any PANIC.PLIST entries shown then you have a faulty iPad and the only way to fix PANIC.PLIST crashes is to have the device replaced has PANIC.PLIST's are a hardware issue.

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I definately have the same issue. Have you found a solution for it? I used to think I had hands covering the speaker but nope. It's just a random annoying thing. Going to be taking this in to Apple to looked at. For the money I should not be having issues hearing a video.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73