Does your iPad2 need an extra power source?

nopewayout

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
iPad3 is of great disappointment to me, the huge heating value, thicker size, just let me down.
So I won't waste my money on iPad3, but I do think I should buy a portable power source, my iPad2 has 3g function and I always take it with me outside, battery issues worries me.
What do you guys think?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If the signal is strong, it shouldn't have a big impact on your battery life. Also, are you not able to turn off 3G when you're not using it and thus preserving your battery life? My iPad 2 is not a 3G model so I'm not sure that what I suggested can or cannot be done.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
iPad3 is of great disappointment to me, the huge heating value, thicker size, just let me down.
So I won't waste my money on iPad3, but I do think I should buy a portable power source, my iPad2 has 3g function and I always take it with me outside, battery issues worries me.
What do you guys think?

Firstly, the 3rd generation iPad's overheating "issue" is truly a non-starter. There were a few reports of serious overheating, but the majority of these reports are simply the fact that the 4G radio and the retina display hardware run a bit warmer than the 3G radio and standard display on the iPad2.

Secondly, as far as "thicker size", yeah, it's thicker... but only 0.024 inches thicker... with the exception of a few tight-fitting cases, the extra thickness is hardly noticeable.

Finally, what "battery issues" worry you about the iPad2? I could easily get 10-12 hours of fairly heavy use on a charge...

So I guess I'm saying that I don't see any of this as a "problem". Where do you go that you won't be able to plug in your iPad2 charger should the need arise?

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
...(snipped)...
Finally, what "battery issues" worry you about the iPad2? I could easily get 10-12 hours of fairly heavy use on a charge...
...(snipped)...

Same here. I get phenomenal battery life out of my iPad 2, but mine is Wi-Fi Only.

Reactions: iMas#IM