iPads at the Passover Seder

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Seriously. You bring a gadget to my Seder table, and you join Elijah out the door. Pesach may not be yontif, but it's no place for an iPad.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I know I'm not Jewish, but what's wrong with a little tech? Digital Haggadah. I know my pastor and our church family won't stop using ours on Easter.

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Well this year you can't have a digital Hagaddah because the sederim fall on Shabbat. Beyond that, the iPad is twice the size of any normal Hagaddah, and unless your goal is spilling food and wine on your iPad, it's about as good idea as using the iPad as a digital e-reader in the bathtub.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I'm not religious, nor do I play religious on TV, and I understand how deeply religious some folks are, but some of my saddest childhood memories consist of me going to orthodox and reformed events and having each group chide and belittle the other for "doing it wrong".

If an iPad brings you together and helps you celebrate, or if eschewing technology does that instead, I think either option is great. (But what do I know, I don't think humans should be allowed to form groups greater than 6 anyway :) )

Rene

Uri Kelman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I would love to chime in with some profound thoughts of Jewish observance, but I think I will abstain. If anybody in the forum is interested in knowing more about the proper observance of Pesach (Passover) visit AskMoses.com

I hope all the Jews in the forum have a very Kosher and Happy Pesach! :)

Rene,

So say we all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods