Smartcover/hardback cases for new iPad?

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone picked up either of these case:

Amazon.com: INVELLOP BLACK Leatherette Smart Cover case for iPad 2 / iPad 3 / The new iPad 2nd & 3rd Generation: Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: MoKo Slim-Fit Folio Stand Case for Apple New IPad 3 /IPad 2 / IPad3 with Smart Cover Auto Wake/Sleep: Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Poetic HardBack Protective Case for The NEW iPad (3rd gen) / iPad 3 / iPad HD with Built-in Folding Cover Black - Support Auto Wake/Sleep Function (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Computers & Accessories

I've read the smart cover on/off function does not work on the Invellop case (yet) but that they expect a revised model very shortly, I'm leaning towards that case as it is the closest blend of folio (which I currently have) and smart cover/hardback.

For those of you that have picked up the MoKo or Poetic case, a couple of specific questions:

1) How easy/hard is it for the left edge of the iPad to "pop" out of the case to use as a viewing stand?
2) What protects the left corners of the iPad from being scratched if/when you pop it out to use the viewing stand, and do you think it is sufficient to protect it from scratches?

Thanks all!

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Bueller? Bueller?

Well, after confirming with invellop that they have modified the magnets for the smart cover function to work on the new iPad, I ordered it.

If anyone is interested I'll share my thoughts on it once I receive it.

Last edited:

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Just using the default magnetic cover from Apple and a crystal clear back shell I got on sale online for $3.50.

dndrich

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone picked up either of these case:

Amazon.com: INVELLOP BLACK Leatherette Smart Cover case for iPad 2 / iPad 3 / The new iPad 2nd & 3rd Generation: Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: MoKo Slim-Fit Folio Stand Case for Apple New IPad 3 /IPad 2 / IPad3 with Smart Cover Auto Wake/Sleep: Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Poetic HardBack Protective Case for The NEW iPad (3rd gen) / iPad 3 / iPad HD with Built-in Folding Cover Black - Support Auto Wake/Sleep Function (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Computers & Accessories

I've read the smart cover on/off function does not work on the Invellop case (yet) but that they expect a revised model very shortly, I'm leaning towards that case as it is the closest blend of folio (which I currently have) and smart cover/hardback.

For those of you that have picked up the MoKo or Poetic case, a couple of specific questions:

1) How easy/hard is it for the left edge of the iPad to "pop" out of the case to use as a viewing stand?
2) What protects the left corners of the iPad from being scratched if/when you pop it out to use the viewing stand, and do you think it is sufficient to protect it from scratches?

Thanks all!

I have the Moko case. The case arrived yesterday. It is truly fantastic, and really inexpensive. It has actually changed my experience of using the iPad. It is very easy to pop out the left side to use as a viewing stand, or to type on the iPad. I had no idea it would work so well. It protects it perfectly well from scratches. Furthermore, despite the low price, the case seems really nice. It is padded well, and the faux leather seems excellent. I highly recommend this case. I will do a limited amount of typing on the iPad. I considered getting a Bluetooth keyboard. But with the iPad tipped into position with this case, I can actually type on the screen without much difficulty. So, a glowing thumbs up!

Reactions: l.i bruce fan

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2