Did you choose Verizon or At&t and why?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing that on a lot of the forums, people bought the VZW just for the hotspot feature. I won't be using it to tether, anything! That doesn't make or break anything for me, at all. My main focus is the data we're paying for. I know their LTE is faster that AT&T but is their 3G faster than AT&T's 4G? What a lot of people fail to realize is that both models say LTE when its on LTE.... 4G and 3G isn't LTE. Sort of thinking along the lines like Forever29. I'm just not sure of AT&T's coverage!

Since the iPhone's 4G is faster than my iPhone's 3G on VZW, are the iPad's the same way? Honestly, I know we have LTE on Verizon by my home but thats just at home and I'm sure the LTE will zoom through the 2gb of data I'd use on Verizon.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm seeing that on a lot of the forums, people bought the VZW just for the hotspot feature. I won't be using it to tether, anything! That doesn't make or break anything for me, at all. My main focus is the data we're paying for. I know their LTE is faster that AT&T but is their 3G faster than AT&T's 4G? What a lot of people fail to realize is that both models say LTE when its on LTE.... 4G and 3G isn't LTE. Sort of thinking along the lines like Forever29. I'm just not sure of AT&T's coverage!

Since the iPhone's 4G is faster than my iPhone's 3G on VZW, are the iPad's the same way? Honestly, I know we have LTE on Verizon by my home but thats just at home and I'm sure the LTE will zoom through the 2gb of data I'd use on Verizon.

I've used 900 MBs and 21 days into bill cycle and I'm on LTE and not 3G with Vzn

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Twitter, FB, web, Pandora, and ect. No heavy video streaming.

Everyone is glad to have LTE. Post speedtests. But we're afraid to do anything that takes advantage of the speed. That's the cold reality. May as well use 3G.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Since iPhone's 4G isn't really 4G (faux G) on either at&t or Verizon, the differences would be network-driven. The ipads are different from the iPhones because LTE is really LTE in terms of device-capability, with the network-driven differences becoming even more pronounced. You are right - it is all about the coverage!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Everyone is glad to have LTE. Post speedtests. But we're afraid to do anything that takes advantage of the speed. That's the cold reality. May as well use 3G.

Why would you be afraid to use it? I use it the same as I use my 4S.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what i was seeing. Verizon may be noted for 3G coverage and phone calls, but this is a new animal for them it seems. I prefer to wait til they get it sorted out. It's not switching properly to 3G or roaming as it should. Or requires reboots, turning off and on, etc. Even traveling down a street in the middle of LTE coverage, the LTE would go away and come back.

I've learned in the past, you buy what works now. Not what should work later.

I am hoping the Verizon settings update makes a difference here. I will still stick w/ Verizon either way - they will work the bugs out at some point. My service on at&t iPhone 4s is just too unreliable for me to feel comfortable putting all of my connectivity eggs in the at&t basket. For me, having one device on each carrier feels more reliable than two on either carrier alone. Now, when next iPhone drops and I have the option to grab one at subsidized price on Verizon, I will be tempted to go back to Verizon even if that means all eggs, one basket. Will deal with that choice when the time comes!

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping the Verizon settings update makes a difference here. I will still stick w/ Verizon either way - they will work the bugs out at some point. My service on at&t iPhone 4s is just too unreliable for me to feel comfortable putting all of my connectivity eggs in the at&t basket. For me, having one device on each carrier feels more reliable than two on either carrier alone. Now, when next iPhone drops and I have the option to grab one at subsidized price on Verizon, I will be tempted to go back to Verizon even if that means all eggs, one basket. Will deal with that choice when the time comes!

I'm in the same boat but it's going the other way lol. AT&T LTE iPad, Verizon iPhone 4S :)

GPD1739A

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Went with Verizon. Our iPhones are AT&T, and I will never go with Verizon on a phone until the whole not surfing while talking thing is 'fixed.'

When iPhone 5 comes out with LTE, I'll be able to tether with either carrier.

My situation as well. I had AT&T on my iPad 1, and decided to go with Verizon for my new iPad because in my area (Chicagoland Suburbs) Verizon has a much better/faster LTE presence.

And I won't even *think* about going to a Verizon phone until I've absolutely confirmed the capability to talk/surf at the same time. That's an absolute deal-killer for me on the iPhone, regardless of LTE speeds.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal