AT&T iPad w/ Cellular Data off and No Sim Card still using Data

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Just an FYI was working with AT&T... there was an issue with AT&T and they seemed to have fixed it. Have had Cellular Data / LTE turned on for a few days now. Data used (ZERO).

So after all this "You have a bad iPad" and AT&T trying to push it on Apple, the issue was AT&T and is now working correctly.

Just an FYI

Olympia

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
AT&T is using data even when turned off

I came upon this forum because I noticed even if my data plan is turned off, AT&T is saying I am still using data. I am in a space with 100% Wifi turned on all the time. After one day of setting up an AT&T account on my iPad it said I had used 6mb of data, even though data was off all the time. Then a week later the iPad left the building for a two day trip during which time the data plan was turned off most of the time. I turned data on for 45minutes on each day to check email, and a few news apps. No streaming videos or movies. My data consumption is now at 95mb used! I am really pissed, clearly AT&T is a data glutton and consumes data even when it is not being used. Perplexed in Santa Monica :confused:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Could be they are doing some data pushing? Like sending out new app notifications, email, twitter mentions etc?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Seems they credit with no question maybe they know it's a issue with some and don't want to admit it ... I do agree seems crazy how can u use data with sim in hand but maybe the sim info is stuck in the iPad using data .. I have not knowledge of how sims work to back this up but just a random idea lol I would get a new iPad to eliminate the possibility before calling AT&T

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

Ach3r0n

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Irish Rose said:
You can say it isn't the iPad if you want, but you haven't even tried another one. AT&T gave you a good "suggestion" if you like, but you would not even try doing what they said. Also you can not share data from another sim card, that is impossible. IMHO, AT&T is absolutely correct in that the iPad "COULD" be the issue.

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD

You are 100% incorrect. The iPad absolutely cannot be the issue. The OP has stated numerous times that there is no SIM card in the iPad. Without the SIM card, it is quite literally impossible for the iPad to accrue any data usage on AT&T's network. AT&T is simply giving the OP the runaround.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods