The new iPad - 1 week later

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from an original iPad and can't believe how great the New iPad is. Multi-touch gestures are instantaneous now - and awesome! Text looks like high contrast liquid ink. Its fast and beautiful. My laptops and desktop just gather dust now unless I need to print something.

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
But with Google cloud don't you have to leave a computer running to act as a print server? Thats like leaving 100w + bulb on all the time.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I traded the 32GB iPad in for the 64GB iPad yesterday and I'm glad I did. That said since the only difference between the two is memory I'll comment on my first week anyway. The new iPad is a lot faster for web browsing thanks to AT&T's HSPA+ network in my area (no LTE here yet). Also, anyone claiming to have seen the iPad 2 and 3 together and not tell the difference between the two screens is kidding themselves. There is a big difference between the two, heck, my husband noticed it as soon as I first booted my new iPad up. The battery life so far is nothing short of amazing. I'm getting 3 days out of a charge, about 9 1/2 hours of usage which is pretty darn good considering the amount of juice that it takes to power this beast. Dictation is another added plus for the new iPad and a feature that I've found very useful so far. I am really glad Apple started offering AppleCare+ as I feel like I can actually enjoy it more without having to carry it from room to room as if it were a new born. Definitely going to be nice in the summer time as I am sitting by the pool for 3+ hours waiting for my kids swim meets to end. So, one week later and I still love my new iPad. :)

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.

Last edited:

drethos

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
But with Google cloud don't you have to leave a computer running to act as a print server? Thats like leaving 100w + bulb on all the time.

Not if you have a wifi printer like mine. As long as its one of the google cloud compatible printers then google cloud will wake the printer without the old man in the middle desktop needed by older printers. So no 100w light bulb :).

Reactions: c_hack

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Over a week later, the screen alone is easily worth the hassle of selling ipad 2 and paying the difference. Everything you do on the ipad is better because of it. It makes you want to use the ipad, while I really didn't have that urge with the ipad 2.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Not if you have a wifi printer like mine. As long as its one of the google cloud compatible printers then google cloud will wake the printer without the old man in the middle desktop needed by older printers. So no 100w light bulb :).

Mine is wifi printer too. It's an Epson that they gave me when I purchased my Mac.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine is wifi printer too. It's an Epson that they gave me when I purchased my Mac.

+1 on the Epsom. I have the Epson NX430 and it works flawlessly with my MacBook and i-devices. With the exception of the MacBook, I didn't have to install any drivers or printing apps to be able to print from my iPhone and iPad. Once I entered the pass code for my WiFi network via the printer's control panel, it connected to my network with ease and my i-devices recognized it and I was able to print. Yes, it was that simple. ;) Not bad for a $50 printer..

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

sector107

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Excuse me for If I come out as being nosy, but judging by most of these weekiversary updates, sounds like this iPad is a keeper. I might have to get one for myself :D

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I never turn my computers off myself. In my home office I have a server, a graphics computer and a docked laptop. Downstairs I have my small travel laptop and my wife has a laptop. We only turn them off when going out of town for a long period of time. Sometimes even no then as I need access to the desktop. I can still get to the cloud via PogoPlug w/o the computers being on, but sometimes I leave something local.

As for the iPad now a few weeks have gone by.. Very Very happy with it except for the AT&T Data Leak issue.. otherwise great. Also I don't get 9 hours of use out of the battery, maybe 7.

arcadelion

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Excuse me for If I come out as being nosy, but judging by most of these weekiversary updates, sounds like this iPad is a keeper. I might have to get one for myself :D

Lol @ weekiversary.
Still running strong 2 weeks later, but having less time to use it due to school.
I see this as the tablet to get before 2013.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
-It gets warm
- It is great in the hand
- Screen blows my mind - after using it for a week, looked at my 1st gen iPad and it was a joke display, in comparison.
- It's quick
- Haven't tried LTE yet, but battery is amazing. I go nearly a week on WiFi in the house before charging.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73