Charging Times

Macktor

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to tell the difference between the 5w and 10w chargers? I have so many of them lying around the house, I have no idea which ones came with iPhones, iPods, or iPads.

The thing I find weird is when I'm doing stuff on the iPad while it's charging, and the battery life is still decreasing. I assume it's because I'm draining the battery faster than it's charging, but I never noticed that happening before on either my iPhone or iPad 1.

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
It should say on the fine print on the charger what the wattage is. The iPad one is the big square one with the fold out prongs.

Those come in 5W or 10W versions. The original iPhone came with a 5W one, and it also comes with some Apple accessories. The writing is too small for me to see in a dimly lit room, so I labelled them with a sharpie.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to tell the difference between the 5w and 10w chargers? I have so many of them lying around the house, I have no idea which ones came with iPhones, iPods, or iPads.

The thing I find weird is when I'm doing stuff on the iPad while it's charging, and the battery life is still decreasing. I assume it's because I'm draining the battery faster than it's charging, but I never noticed that happening before on either my iPhone or iPad 1.

The 10W chargers are substantially bigger and say 10W on the side. The 5W chargers say 5W on the face which plugs into the wall.

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
The 10W chargers are substantially bigger and say 10W on the side. The 5W chargers say 5W on the face which plugs into the wall.

As I just mentioned above, the big chargers (with the fold out plugs) come in both 5 and 10 Watt versions. If you're like me and have a couple of each version, you almost have to label or mark them yourself, since the writing is too small to see in dim light.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro