Ipad2 not fully waking frequently

tfly212

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Hoping someone can help...the last week or so when I try to wake my ipad the screen lights up just a tiny bit (from black to just slightly brighter black). There is definitely some light, so it isn't totally unresponsive but it is not fully awake either. Then if I hit a random combination of home and/or wake keys it will eventually come to, but with no rhyme or reason as to why.

Originally I had jailbroken it, worked fine for a couple of months and then today I finally got fed up with the screen issue so I updated it to 5.1 (I knew I would lose the jailbreak but frankly it didn't do much for me anyway without a 5-row keyboard). Went through the update process successfully, rebooted, restored everything, etc unfortunately the screen issue is still present.

Pretty frustrating overall...has anyone seen anything similar and resolved it? Thanks in advance.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried the obvious.... do a restart by holding the sleep & home button until you see the Apple symbol and letting it reboot? Next - hook to iTunes and do a restore as new device... if neither of those work, it may be a genius bar appointment...

tfly212

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Tried all of that...

When it reboots the screen fully wakes but then if it goes back to sleep (either via timeout or hitting the sleep button) its 50/50 whether it wakes back up again. It's bizarre and I haven't seen any references close to the issue on the forums or by googling the symptoms.

I updated to ios 5.1 and restored and was feeling optimistic when it rebooted after the update but the same thing is happening.