Sleep Mode Not Working

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the Marware CEO case and the sleep function is not working when you close the cover. I read elsewise that folks are having this problem with 3rd party cases and something about the magnets in the iPad are moved. The apple smart cover still works except for older models.

Anyone know anything about this.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have the Marware CEO case and the sleep function is not working when you close the cover. I read elsewise that folks are having this problem with 3rd party cases and something about the magnets in the iPad are moved. The apple smart cover still works except for older models.

Anyone know anything about this.

All over the Internet that the magnets are not strong enough on most 3rd party cases.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Is it working flaky, or not working at all?

There is a switch in the settings for turning the magnetic lock on & off.

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't work at all. The things I've read suggest that the magnets have to be stronger, something to do with the new display they are saying. I've noticed a few of the cases on Amazon have their discriptions say sleep function only for the iPad 2.

It seems to affect many different 3rd party cases. I will hear from Marware tomorrow I suspect, they are pretty good at getting back to you first business day.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I've tried two cases one of which is specific to the 3. Neither case puts my 3 to sleep. Yes, my setting is set properly. It's the case's fault. I may hit the Apple store later today to ask them what cases they've experienced which work.

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I've tried two cases one of which is specific to the 3. Neither case puts my 3 to sleep. Yes, my setting is set properly. It's the case's fault. I may hit the Apple store later today to ask them what cases they've experienced which work.

A simple check is to turn over the cover so the outer side of the front cover covers the spot on the iPad and see if the sleep works. See the video in the blog I referenced above for more details.

Reactions: slide

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2