appliancemedic

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok is the new iPad much faster than the ipad2 ? The reason I ask I got the new iPad with Verzion and I don't like it. So I it worth the upgrade to leave the ipad2 for the new iPad .

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
For me, the iPad 3 is a lot faster than my old iPad 2 due to HSPA+ and LTE with AT&T. YMMV depending on what kind of service you have in your area with AT&T.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad using Tapatalk.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My Vzn iPad does actually say LTE. My AT&T one said 4G. Never even activated data on the AT&T as I returned it so I couldn't speed test it to see whether it was LTE or hspa+ speeds.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My Vzn iPad does actually say LTE. My AT&T one said 4G. Never even activated data on the AT&T as I returned it so I couldn't speed test it to see whether it was LTE or hspa+ speeds.

A person would have to activate a data plan with the AT&T iPad first in order to see if it would display the LTE symbol while in a area that has LTE coverage.

Sent from my LTE iPad using Tapatalk HD.

appliancemedic

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
At least I fix my problem today I took the Verzion iPad back and now have the AT&T 64 GB BLACK in it place it does say 4G will to a test to see what speed I get.

Wolfpuppies3

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
In my humble experience

At&t has always been at least twice as fast for data as verizon. My new iPad is much faster than my 2 in all ways wifi or 3G/4G. I have access to 4g near work, 3G near home but wifi at both locations so I have to turn that off to test the 3/g 4/g speeds.

In my part of the world Verizon gives a better phone signal than AT&T but I care not with my iPad.