Upgrading unopened new iPad at Apple Store?

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
So I wanted to change my pre-order from 32 gb to 64 gb (black, Verizon). Apple rep was very nice but said if she did it my order would go to the back of the line. She suggested that I let the pre-order go through and that I take it in to the Apple Store for an exchange.

Question: What's the likelihood I can just walk into an Apple Store on Monday with my brand new and unopened iPad and do an exchange? I imagine people will still be lining up, limited stock etc.

Thoughts? or better yet any actual experience with this or something similar?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It is hard to say what the stock is going to be like for the new iPad on Monday. I would say it's worth a shot, though, if you really must have the 64GB model.

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So I wanted to change my pre-order from 32 gb to 64 gb (black, Verizon). Apple rep was very nice but said if she did it my order would go to the back of the line. She suggested that I let the pre-order go through and that I take it in to the Apple Store for an exchange.

Question: What's the likelihood I can just walk into an Apple Store on Monday with my brand new and unopened iPad and do an exchange? I imagine people will still be lining up, limited stock etc.

Thoughts? or better yet any actual experience with this or something similar?

No "actual experience" with this one... but from reading the reports here and in the news, there seems to be way more supply than demand... so I'd say the chances are pretty good...

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
No "actual experience" with this one... but from reading the reports here and in the news, there seems to be way more supply than demand... so I'd say the chances are pretty good...
I agree.

Although we're not saying it won't be sold out, but from what I'm seeing and hearing, some one will have!

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Just my 2 cents: the 64 GB, Black, Verizon was the only model sold out at my local Best Buy. They had quite a few others, but I'm guessing everyone who bothered waiting in line "went big" and got the 64 GB versions.... So I am not sure if it would be available or not!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the 32GB, my old iPad (1st Gen) as 16GB and I was always close to that limit. After ordering I had 2nd thoughts and figured maybe the 64GB. However I really doubt I would hit 32GB anyway. I am not a gamer. I do a lot of photography, but even so.. and my music is on my iPhone / iPod mostly. I am thinking I may hit 20GB or 24GB at some point.

Do you really need the 64GB or just want the 64GB?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro