How is iCloud restore working for you?

Gary Mazo

iMore/Mobile Nations staff
Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I am still setting up my new iPad - doing a full restore from iCloud (which takes forever.)
I m noticing that some things like passwords for the google mail accounts and my photo albums have not been restored well. Most other apps seem to be coming in OK. How have things been working for you?

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Worked perfectly for me. Took a while but everything is installed and all settings restored. I was surprised that my paused game of Final Fantasy Tactics even transferred over LOL

DaPeeps

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Passwords for wifi, email accounts, apple ID, etc are purposely not saved - this way even if someone hacks / knows your Apple ID password for icloud - they still cant access ALL of your info once restored to the iPad. I support iPads and iPhones at my work - they all do this when restored.

My icloud restore went well. About 2 hours max - I have alot of crap on my ipad so thats not too bad.

PS - LOVE Verion LTE in Oklahoma City :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iCloud restore feature works great for me. I'm very pleased with it, thus far.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
i didn't even chance the restore from icloud... didn't have enough on my ipad 2 to risk the hickups... so set up my ipad 3 as new... for my iphone, i'd do backup from icloud, simply because it has much more stuff on it... but in my ipad 3, started as new, and glad i did

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I really love the restore because everything is just as I left it, but it's taking a long time.

DjSingh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks i found this thread...
i was getting worried if something is wrong with my iPad...

it took forever to restore...

i waited like 3 hours ..nothing happened
then i click on every single icon on all 3 pages and then went to sleep
after 8 hours everything was restorerd...

but i still think something is wrong.... because i had 8 apps needed to be updated...
it was done in 10 mins but the loading and installing bars wasn't going smoothly as it goes on my 4th Gen iPod touch and it use to go on iPad 2.

i know restoring does depend on the internet speed but i was at home restoring my new 16GB white wifi only iPad on 50MBPS connection.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
well... i actually used the icloud restore this am... worked flawlessly... i got a 64gb wifi on launch day (pre-order), but decided to get a 64gb 4g instead... so got one at best buy this am, and used the icloud restore without a hitch... then wiped the 64 wifi and will return to apple... i'm impressed with the icloud back-up, and how it remembers not just settings and email accounts, but apps and icon layout too...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73