Set up as a new iPad but keep existing app data?

DanPlee

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

Would appreciate your help with something.

I've just purchased a new Ipad to replace my existing iPad 1. Ideally I want to set it up as a new iPad rather than syncing/restoring to it as my old iPad is pretty laden and crashes a fair bit these days.

My main concern though is that I don't want to lose the saved data in my apps (eg saved games, files in document apps, login details etc.

Also, ideally I don't want to lose the passwords to all the wifi networks i've previously connected to.

Does anyone know if this is possible? (saved data in the apps are the main priority)

If not, am I being unnecessarily concerned about just restoring a backup? that's not simple in itself as I've not successfully backed up my ipad since formatting my pc as I didn't want to lose my folder structure on my ipad.

Any help/suggestions much appreciated

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
If you start as a new iPad there is no way to do what you are looking to do. I would just restore from a backup and if you have any sort of issue you can always start from scratch as the worst case scenario.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna restore from iCloud but from what I read the team lava games like restaurant story has to be done on their end. Have to register new device udid with them. Hopefully it won't take too long.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Have no fear. Restore from backup. You won't have any of those problems. Also, restoring with iCloud is EXTRA EXTRA slow! Using your computer and iTunes is much faster!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73