How Long Is/Was The Line You're In...???

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
My friend has been in front of Best Buy since 3pm EST yesterday and he's been rhe only person. Even now we're the only ones here. This is my first iPad launch event but I have waited hours in line for iPhones and they have always had extremely long lines. I'm not complaining because at least he is definitely getting his iPad (pre-ordered mine from Apple) but isn't this supposed to be a big release especially with the retina display? How do your lines look. Are you the only ones in line at your Best Buy, Walmart, Radio Shack, Sams Club, or is there a crowd?

FLskydiver

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I was a half-hour late getting to my nearest Walmart (the 7am opening being the earliest retailer opening within 40 miles of here) and still got only the 3rd pad sold. Two people were waiting there at open. None at the Target I drove by after (45 minutes before they opened) and only two more at the Best Buy 30 yards away (which wouldn't open for another after the target).

Not at all what I was expecting. I thought yesterday I might try picking up extras to help out some internet friends or make a profit but I'm not sure anyone is going to be left wanting this time around.

EDIT TO ADD:

Yeah, I thought the retina display was the bomb. I've held out buying any tablets till now because I never believed they did a good enough job replacing paper. But a Retina ipad?!? Hell yes! I can't see any reason why I'll ever need to use a paper map or chart with this kinda tech available ever again.

Not sure why the masses don't see it. Or else, the combination of pre-orders and all the 3rd party retailers have diluted the distribution chain to the point where lines just can't really form anymore. Coupled with Apple's unbelievable ability to crank out however many zillions of these things they must have distributed to the various retailers and through their pre-sales ....

Has supply finally exceeded demand???

Last edited:

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Seems like a lot that have the iPad 2 (at least around me) aren't getting 'the new iPad'. All those still on the original are. I'm gonna stop by a bestbuy when I get to work and see if I can pick one up. If not, I'll wait.

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Totally Stunned and shocked at the line or lack thereof. Best Buy in Scottsdale, AZ at 530am, tickets given out at 7am, I was 3rd. At 710am there were 10 of us. Unreal. I drove by our nearest apple store at 525am and there were 12 people. As many camera's and news vans as people. WHAT HAPPENED?

reactortrip

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Totally Stunned and shocked at the line or lack thereof. Best Buy in Scottsdale, AZ at 530am, tickets given out at 7am, I was 3rd. At 710am there were 10 of us. Unreal. I drove by our nearest apple store at 525am and there were 12 people. As many camera's and news vans as people. WHAT HAPPENED?

iPad 2 and various Android clones. There were a ton of people that just got these devices at christmas. It had to have been the hottest holiday item this year. No one in their right mind is going to go right out and buy another just after getting one.

ctc799

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I went to Best Buy, and there was no real line until right as it opened. Everyone was just getting their reservation tickets in leaving (leaving me to take the first spot in line!) But by opening time it had a good 20 people in it.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I went in to my bestbuy about 10 minutes before 5 and got my iPad within 10 mins. It's in NYC and I see a crap load of stock... they had it out, showing. I think they should have had it hidden at least.

I asked if they had the AT&T LTE and the lady responds "not sure, let me check". I chuckled.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I walked into my local AT&T store at 7PM and there was no line at all. I walked out with a New iPad. :)

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk.

dtyrewilliams

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
No line for me. Walked into a Target at about 3 pm and got one.

I'm just a tech junkie like that so I have to have the latest. Otherwise though, I would have been fine with my iPad 2. Unless you just have the money to spend those still with the iPad 2 could wait til the next generation. Don't know that the improvements are enough for the normal user. Def will be an improvement from the 1st generation though.

rew001

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Went to Microcenter this past weekend after ordering directly from Apple. (which wouldnt have shipped till 2nd week of April) They had two 32g models so snapped them up and cancelled through Apple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2