I have my new iPad!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
This will be the official "I have my new iPad" thread! When you get your new iPad post here and let us know!

Last edited:

madisonjar

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I will start it off! I got my new iPad! :) well sorta...I got a 16 gig at walmart 12:01 launch, still have my 32 being dropped off tomorrow!

FLskydiver

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I picked one up. Figured this thread would have more replies by now.

The story ?round these parts is no one is that interested (or they?ve all pre-ordered). I decided to swing by the nearest Walmart at the 7am opening time (but wound up not getting there till 7:30am) and discovered they?d only sold TWO ipads in their first half-hour. Mine was the third.

They had absolutely no new signage, 3rd gen. display models, etc. and an allotment of twenty iPads total (this is a pretty small Walmart); 5 each of the black/16/wifi, black/32/wifi, white/32/wifi+4g and white/64/wifi+4g. Didn?t ask which flavor of 4g they had. But judging by the lack of crowd, that 20 might last them a good long while.

On the way out, at just past 8am, I swung by a Target (9am open) and a Best Buy (10am open) that share a parking lot a few miles away from the Walmart. No one was waiting at the Target, and only two people were waiting at the Best Buy (but they might have been security as they were BS?ing with a blue-shirt employee who was outside with them.

The Best Buy had gone through the bother of setting out a huge row of orange cones (which made me figure they may have been worried about a crowd) but it was looking pretty grim.

Perhaps the pre-orders killed the release day demand? Or maybe the kind of people who would wait went instead to the nearest 24-hour Walmart that?s probably 45 minutes from here?

Has the era of line sitting for gadgets finally ended?

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I think demand was off the charts. They just really opened it up launching this thing. Preorders, stores, their own stock at apple stores, carriers, etc. It's a pretty amazing launch.

With the retina card played though, yeah, this is probably the peak for the ipad in terms of long lines at launch. Again, amazing considering the price range of these things.

brijuhaha

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Got mine finally! :D

I though I won't make it but I turned out I was the fifth on the line :) there was no long line at the apple store I went to. I'm pretty sure they gonna have extra for the next few days.

:D

FLskydiver

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I haven't waited in a retail line since black friday of 2007. Actually, that was the only time I ever waited in a retail line not involving concert or sports tickets (before those all went online too). Got some sweet deals on home theater stuff that year.

After a sleepless night tonight I figured I try it again to pick up my first iPad (didn't get around to pre-ordering in time for release day delivery). I wound up late to the earliest opening retailer nearby, but even had I gotten there before they opened I don't think I would have gotten to wait in a line. Does two people even count as a line?

Boobie12

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Got my 32gb from RadioShack my preorder of the 16gb is on the way but I'll be returning it. Figured I'll need more space.mgot the last 32gb I'm white.

FrekeyZeeky

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
UPS delivered mine about 45 minutes ago...haven't had the chance to play with it yet :(

ipadre.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Posting from my new iPad using the non-HD version of Tapatalk. I can confirm that non-retina apps do look good on the new display. Can't believe how sharp this thing is.....

Laura S

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Delivered

UPS update states my iPad was delivered at 9:56 AM. That is way earlier than UPS usually delivers to my house. Of course I am at work today and cannot leave for a while.

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I was home before 8:30 from Verizon with my shiny new black 64gb iPad. LTE smoked my Wifi connection, I may be upgrading that 2gb plan before too long!

Will the ipad2 cases work for the New Ipad?

My Speck case fits fine. The Zagg case w/ keyboard that I will be returning/selling was labeled for iPad 2, but it fit fine as well.

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine from Bestbuy. 32gb, 4G (vzw) white. I got there and saw there were a few people redeeming vouchers, so I asked an employee how the madness was this morning and whether they had any left... he said: "we had a pretty good crowd, but yes we have some 16GB and 32GBs" ... after the guy walked away, the guy behind me in line (who had a voucher) said "Don't let him fool you - there were 6 of us (people in line) this morning."...

I am thinking most people pre-ordered, or decided not to fight the masses

but i got mine! :)

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
VZW LTE in my area is leaving a bit to be desired .. 3.5 down and .5 up! And that's the best score.. The worst is .19 up LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro