Ipad/Iphone Combo Advantages

mchaywood83

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I am curious as to what the advantages of having the Ipad/Iphone combo are? Other than iCloud, are there any benefits. In my particular application, I am not that interested in having the same music on my phone and my ipad. I can already sync contacts and calendar between the devices, but is it simply a matter of the ease of syncing? I am just wondering, because it seems redundant if I have an iPad 2 to get a new iPhone instead of utilizing the benefits of perhaps another platform. I currently have a Bold 9650 for a phone and I can upgrade to a new one in August. I appreciate the input.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When the initial iPad was released, I was one of the people claiming that it was just a glorified iPhone. However, after purchasing my iPad 2 last year, I've learned that it is more than that and it indeed has its place in my life. It is nice to be able to do reading, web surfing and document related stuff using a bigger screen with the ease and familiarity of an iPhone. For those of us with not so great eyesight, viewing things on the iPad is a Blessing. Anyway, that is my personal take on the two. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

mchaywood83

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you on the bigger screen. I guess my question is more, "why get an iphone if I have an ipad?" I am like you and would probably do everything on the ipad that I could because of the bigger screen.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I see your point. For me, the Apple ecosystem plays a big role, especially with my stuff synced via iCloud. Besides, it's impractical to carry the iPad everywhere, especially if you have a WiFi-only model like I do. So in my case, my iPhone is with me almost at all times whereas my iPad is with me at home, traveling or at a doctor's office, for example, when I know there's WiFi available and a decent wait time. Now, do I 'need' both an iPhone and an iPad? Of course not, but I'm glad I have them both. ;)

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPad 2)

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
There are lots of use cases, but here's one that appeals to me. My iPhone 4 is my main camera. Having an iPad too means that the photos I take with my iPhone automatically appear on my iPad via iCloud/Photostream. Then I can do photo editing immediately on the iPad. The combo is seamless, quick, easy and convenient.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cherylMD

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
My idevices are my lifeline. In my line of work, we are constantly called for emergency conferences, and ask to do our presentations at such short notice..I use my Ipad in that aspect, saves me the effort in carrying books and the heavy laptop..whereas instances where I needed both my hands free and can't afford o carry around the "big pad", my iphone always fit into my pocket and my colleagues can always reach me thru that :)

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
In a way, the iPhone functions somewhat like a small iPad, so if there's any particular function or app you'd like to have with you all the time, having the iPhone will let you do that. At 9'7" the iPad isnt exactly the most portale tablet out there. iCloud services are convenient to have, and the camera as much better than anything on a current BlackBerry device.

I'm a similar type user as you, I use a Bold 9900 as my smartphone, while the iPad accounts for around 3/4 of my tablet use. I also keep an iPod touch 4 in my back pocket when I'm out and about. I like being able to use the 2 different OS' to their strengths. The communication (the reason why i have a phone) experience on a BlackBerry is still best in class IMO. My iDevices fill the app gap, and allow me to experience the best that Apple has to offer, things that the present BlackBerry devices don't have.

All that being said, I'm going to wait and see how the next gen BB10 devices work out. If they end up being half baked or lacking, I would seriously consider getting an iPhone next.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
My feeling is, I see my iPad as a combo with my MacBook versus my 4s. For one, my iPad is much easier to haul around then the MacBook. Many things I do on my computer I now do with my iPad. I do not use my iPhone in that same way. Why? It's to small. Having an IPad doesn't really constitute getting an iPhone to compliment it. I could have an android as a phone and not miss a beat on anything because again, my iPad and MacBook compliment each other extremely well.

If I owned just an iPhone and no iPad, I would definitely go and purchase one because I do not feel the iPhone is a good combo with a computer. I also think an iPad is overkill to use, as an extension of the iPhone or vice versa.

So, my thoughts are, while the iPad and iPhone do sync well with each other, I see the iPad/computer as a better combo over the iPhone/iPad.

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I enjoy my iPhone/iPad/MBP combo. For me it's abt convience for my lifestyle. If I'm home working on lots of reports I usually use my MBP. My iPad I use at home as well...surfing the net, checking/sending emails, social media, FaceTime and reading books. My iPhone I mostly use for texting, taking pics, social media/emailing on the go. I use my iPad outside the house when I know I'll be sitting idle ( and have to still get other things done) or just need to kill time. The iPad is also great if your involved in social or volunteer organizations. I bring my iPad to alumni meetings and take notes...w/ my iPhone I can access the same notes too. Basically I grab whichever device is the best size based on where I'm going and what I will be doing. I love that each one is identical in content.

Aadamgibson

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Being that the iPad and iPhone service two different needs, I don't think apple will increase any sort of integration between the two.

I don't see your point.... Apple could make it advantageous to iphone owners to buy an iPad, instead of one of the other 2011 tablets appearing. Why wouldn't Apple want to sell more products.... make the combo of having both powerful.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77