7.85-inch-ipad-coming-in Q3?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Even before next week's launch of the Apple iPad 3, the tablet is already passe, at least for the rumor-mongers.

According to Digitimes, samples of a smaller 7.85-inch iPad have been delivered to Apple for verification and production is likely to start in Q3. This smaller tablet would be more affordable, with an estimated price of between US$249 and US$299. The report also adds that Apple will announce a cheaper iPad 2 with 8GB of storage along with the iPad 3 next week.

It's not the first time that we have heard of an iPad mini. In fact, there was even speculation that the iPad 2 would have a 7-inch display. However, the rumors are becoming more credible after the introduction of the popular 7-inch Amazon Kindle Fire.

Personally, we don't believe that Apple needs to compete in the low-cost tablet space at this moment, but if it is able to provide the same quality and experience on a smaller and less expensive tablet, we'll find it hard to say no.

LINK http://asia.cnet.com/crave/7-85-inch-ipad-coming-in-q3-62213711.htm

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This is the size that I really would like and it's rumors like the one I just posted that is holding me back from making a final decision on getting the iPad 3 this month.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You've been right about other things so far, so I guess the iPad 3 is looking like it could be in my hands yet. :)

Of course I've been right! :eek: Like I've said in the past - if I say something, at the time I say it, it is 100% true.

Reactions: Eileen89

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I would be very interested in a 7.8" iPad. I'd be even more interested in an iPhone 5s in 2013 with a 5" screen.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I would be very interested in a 7.8" iPad. I'd be even more interested in an iPhone 5s in 2013 with a 5" screen.

I would definitely go for an iPad that had a 7" screen, and while I do want a larger screen on the next iPhone. I don't want it to be 5" as that is more of a tablet to me.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's not an "iPad" but a larger iPod touch??? Either way I know this, I'm returning my iPad 2 in the 14 day window and getting the iPad 3!

Last edited:

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's not an "iPad" but a larger iPod touch??? Either way I know this, I'm returning my iPad 2 in the 14 day window and getting the iPad 3!
If you have the IPad 2 now and you return it within the 14 day period, I doubt you will be able to get the IPad 3 for a while. It probably won't ship until the end of March and there will be a long line.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
If you have the IPad 2 now and you return it within the 14 day period, I doubt you will be able to get the IPad 3 for a while. It probably won't ship until the end of March and there will be a long line.

He is not worried about that. He just wants to return the 2 before its too late otherwise you have to resell it and then lose money.