Crazy prediction: That's not an iPad in the picture

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
That is their new apple tv. It is just angled to look flat on the floor with the hand going down. But it is actually horizontal.

If I'm wrong then I am but I haven't heard that theory around. Wanted to put my theory out there just in case I'm right.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
That is their new apple tv. It is just angled to look flat on the floor with the hand going down. But it is actually horizontal.

If I'm wrong then I am but I haven't heard that theory around. Wanted to put my theory out there just in case I'm right.

Well, it could also be the new Apple Stargate angled to appear to look like an iPad.

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
Lol

I know it's a bit crazy. But look at the bezel. Rather large. No home button.

High resolution touch screen. You don't see the end of it either.

Turn the invite picture horizontal and it can pass for a mounted tv with a hand touching the bottom. The icons are pretty big for that hand which is female. So unless they've changed the size of the app icon or it's a large female hand then i can understand.

Everyone knows about the iPad 3. But "I cracked it" comment from Steve makes me thing they are working on this and they will into it for a fall release. As runor3d by other sites.

The invitation says that you have to "see" and "touch" this. I think it is an iPad3 but they will also intro their new touchscreen apple tv.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Lol

Turn the invite picture horizontal and it can pass for a mounted tv with a hand touching the bottom. The icons are pretty big for that hand which is female. So unless they've changed the size of the app icon or it's a large female hand then i can understand.

Everyone knows about the iPad 3. But "I cracked it" comment from Steve makes me thing they are working on this and they will into it for a fall release. As runor3d by other sites.

The invitation says that you have to "see" and "touch" this. I think it is an iPad3 but they will also intro their new touchscreen apple tv.

Stop and think about this... who is going to get off the couch and walk up to their TV to touch it? Not to burst your bubble but there is no TV being revealed next week.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Stop and think about this... who is going to get off the couch and walk up to their TV to touch it? Not to burst your bubble but there is no TV being revealed next week.

Part of the product is a spring gun with electro darts. You change the TV by shooting these darts at the screen hitting the desired icon.

I thought you were in the know, here.

sogaduch

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
This is what you would use mounted to the coffee table so you don't need to get up every time.

B0013U95U2-2-lg.jpg

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
The one thing I see in the picture that I haven't heard anybody talk about is that the edge looks black, which has me thinking a black anodized case would look simply amazing, kind of the same design I'm hoping they give the next iPhone.. Instead of just a different color bezel, they can sell a bare aluminum finish or one with a black finish like those older Macbooks they used to sell which were beautiful.

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
This "forum" cracks me up. Where a senior write and moderator is flaming an idea which I deemed as crazy in the freaking title.

True it is likely an iPad 3 announcement.

Lots of people would touch their tv's. And news flash! It wouldn't be the only way to interact with it.

But touch is one way. It is a media hub remember. Going up and activating a game or movie on the tv and enjoying isn't out of the question.

Crazy I know.

Btw if it actually IS an apple tv in te picture, (which it probably isn't Im not totally insane)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Lol

I can take my iPad 2, rotate it 180? (upside down) and take the same photo... so much for "no home button"... maybe, maybe not, but it's nothing you can determine from the image in the invitation...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
This "forum" cracks me up. Where a senior write and moderator is flaming an idea which I deemed as crazy in the freaking title.

True it is likely an iPad 3 announcement.

Lots of people would touch their tv's. And news flash! It wouldn't be the only way to interact with it.

But touch is one way. It is a media hub remember. Going up and activating a game or movie on the tv and enjoying isn't out of the question.

Crazy I know.

Btw if it actually IS an apple tv in te picture, (which it probably isn't Im not totally insane)

So you "flamed" yourself? Flaming you because I told you that you are wrong and asking a valid question? I don't think so. These forums are probably the friendliest and most helpful out there. If people were to start flaming you, the thread would be closed and/or posts deleted What's really ironic is how you called yourself names and nobody else in this thread did such a thing.

Back on topic now, I have to disagree with you and say people are not going to like to get up off of the couch to touch their TV's. IMHO.

Last edited:

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
So you "flamed" yourself? Flaming you because I told you that you are wrong and asking a valid question? I don't think so. These forums are probably the friendliest and most helpful out there. If people were to start flaming you, the thread would be closed and/or posts deleted What's really ironic is how you called yourself names and nobody else in this thread did such a thing.

Back on topic now, I have to disagree with you and say people are not going to like to get up off of the couch to touch their TV's. IMHO.

I completely agree no one is going to walk up an start interacting and touching a huge 55" screen right in front of their eyes. The screen is too big to enjoy being that close and that is also not how tv was meant to be interacted with. The darts would be awesome though haha

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
The one thing I see in the picture that I haven't heard anybody talk about is that the edge looks black, which has me thinking a black anodized case would look simply amazing, kind of the same design I'm hoping they give the next iPhone.. Instead of just a different color bezel, they can sell a bare aluminum finish or one with a black finish like those older Macbooks they used to sell which were beautiful.

I'd like to know what you think about this Jeremy??

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
In terms of the casing being colored like that? Would be the first I heard of that. I think you are going to see the same aluminium back with white and black fronts. That's it.

Ok, I was just wondering because in the picture Apple released you cannot see the aluminum back at all, just a small rounded black edge, in every picture I can find you can see the aluminum back from the front or even more from a slight angle. I can imagine an all black iPad in my head and it would look awesome..

They've done black before

How about the black cables, Steve??|?Doing Words

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Ok, I was just wondering because in the picture Apple released you cannot see the aluminum back at all, just a small rounded black edge, in every picture I can find you can see the aluminum back from the front or even more from a slight angle. I can imagine an all black iPad in my head and it would look awesome..

They've done black before

How about the black cables, Steve?*|*Doing Words

To me that just looks like the angle it's at and the shading. While I would welcome something like you describe I don't think it's in the cards. Would have been one of those things that would have been brought up in my conversations. But you never know with Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice