Ipad 3 128, 64, 32, 16 ? Which one will you get?

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Assuming the iPad 3 has retina display i'm a little worried about what size I should get. The apps will be bigger so maybe 16 won't be enough. Right now i have a 16GB 4s and still have 6 gigs left. I use spottily for my music at home, so if I use the iPad 3 for music I won't need to store anything on it. Photos are not that big of a deal, and if i want to watch videos (mostly futurama) they're all on netflix. I think i would do well with the 16GB, but i don't want to regret it. What will you guys be getting?:confused:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'll grab the one with Verizon LTE and highest storage. Just wifi only if no LTE.

With that resolution, quality content is going to take up a lot of space. Can't wait to do some reading on it, even comics. Haven't been this hyped up about an apple product since iphone 4.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I fail to see why you have 128 listed in the title of this thread when Apple hasn't even announced the iPad 3 yet. Therefore we don't even know if there will be a 128GB iPad. ;)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I will definitely be getting a 64 gb because I need it as long as I have enough money! I had filled up my 32 gb iPad 2 right about when I sold it. 20 gbs in apps alone!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a 32gb 4S and my iPad 2 is 32.... Not enough room so I'll be doing 64 this go round.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I fail to see why you have 128 listed in the title of this thread when Apple hasn't even announced the iPad 3 yet. Therefore we don't even know if there will be a 128GB iPad. ;)

This site is FULLLLL of rumors... why can't I post about some?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This site is FULLLLL of rumors... why can't I post about some?

Never said you couldn't . Just found it a little odd that you listed 128GB as an option when we don't know that we are getting that. I haven't heard that either, do you have a link to where you saw this rumor?

Last edited:

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
The first iPad I bought was a 16gb 3G, and I was lucky to get it on launch day. Within a few days, though, it was obvious to me that I needed more space. Swapped for a 32gb 3G. This time I'll probably order a 64gb wifi only. I anticipate doing a lot of photo and video editing with the retina display.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Planning on going with the 32GB Wi-Fi have 16GB 4S and only have 6GB free space and no movies on it. Need the extra space with the Retina screen and movies.

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I won't be getting one. I recently got my wife an iPad 2 for her birthday and she loves it. While I would love an iPad 3, I know I wont be able to afford it. If anything, I'd rather save my $ for a MacBook Air.

But that's just me. I am excited to see what happens at the event!!!

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Never said you couldn't . Just found it a little odd that you listed 128GB as an option when we don't know that we are getting that. I haven't heard that either, do you have a link to where you saw this rumor?

Like the writers on this site... I heard it from a source i can't name that has a friend of a friend who lives near someone that knows a guy who's related to the cousin of an apple employee.

once i heard him say 128 and its obvious he was talking about an iPad.

also why would a link to a rumor give me any credibility? Its still a rumor.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Like the writers on this site... I heard it from a source i can't name that has a friend of a friend who lives near someone that knows a guy who's related to the cousin of an apple employee.

once i heard him say 128 and its obvious he was talking about an iPad.

also why would a link to a rumor give me any credibility? Its still a rumor.

Well this is funny because I heard it from a source also which I can't name that has a cousin of a cousin who lives near a farm where the guy works with Apples and he said there wasn't going to be anything higher than 64GB again this year....

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Have to wait and see what it has and what it costs before deciding... Really!!! Guess I'll take the Harley out for a ride next Wed. and let the rest of the world work it out...

Last edited:

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Well this is funny because I heard it from a source also which I can't name that has a cousin of a cousin who lives near a farm where the guy works with Apples and he said there wasn't going to be anything higher than 64GB again this year....

seems like a weak source

vaytan

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Most likely will be a 16gig again. Don't need that much space. I use it for surfing and youtube most of the time anyway.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm going with 32 wifi. That's what I have on my one and I have used little more than half of its memory. For the extra hundred I don't want to worry about what apps or magazines I'm adding.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone finally got a memory upgrade this last revision, so it's possible the iPad will too, if they can fit 64 gigabytes in an iPhone, they could easily fit 128 gigabytes in an iPad. For all the stuff it's capable of some people could use the extra space, it has nothing compared to even the cheapest netbooks.