no wifi detected

JeepguyOK

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Just last night, my iPad stopped detecting any wifi network. First, at home and, again, this morning at my office. I am satisfied the signal is good from the router since my iPhone is connected fine.

I have researched and tried numerous possible fixes, including:
1. Turn it off and back on
2. Hard reset of the iPad
3. Adjust the brightness control
4. Restore from the backup on iTunes
5. A second restore to factory settings and then a sync.

Nothing has helped. Unfortunately, I bought it a year ago...........last month.

Anyone have any ideas?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the replies. Yes, I have reset the network settings more than once. To no avail.

I would call Apple care even though you are a little past the warranty period, I'm sure Apple will still help.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

JeepguyOK

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, Rose.

I did call them. I was politely told that I was out of warranty and I was welcome to make an appointment for a service call at the apple store (which is only about 50 miles away from me)

I have liked, and do like, my iPad. But, Apple as a company sucks big time. I'll be looking around for another product to do what I need.

JeepguyOK

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, Rose, you were right. Despite what I was told on the phone to tech support, I was treated well at the apple store. Although the unit was two weeks out of warranty, they replaced it with a refurbished one without cost. I was relieved and elated.

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
The more I hear these stories, the more I realize that they really are a decent company. I had a Samsung phone and currently have a Samsung SmartTV.....both of which I have had problems with and both of which went unresolved. This is why I will never buy another Samsung, but I will certainly buy more Apple. I wish someone from Samsung was here taking notes!!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice