iPad quad core?

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I have just heard an interesting rumor that I haven't seen posted anywhere big that said the iPad 3 WILL have a quad core, but it will be one consisted of two dual cores where one will automatically shut off to save energy when it's not needed. Which sounds completely awesome! What do you guys think? That would completely solve the quad core killing the battery life and really sounds quite innovative and like something apple would do. I also heard it might be called the A9 for some reason. Not the A6

tapatalk on iPad 2 running ios5

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
This was floating around a while ago on a bunch of sites so it's nothing new. I could say what it will be with 100% certainty but nobody would believe it anyways so it's not going to happen... :eek:

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I hadn't seen it on here yet so I thought id share it. It definately sounds like a great idea! and haha I guess we'll just have see :p

tapatalk on iPad 2 running ios5

Gators625

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
In the past I have given information (very subtlety at times - 6 months early here) and while many appreciate it there are a few who don't. While that is perfectly fine and their right to do so I don't want to deal with all of their moaning and crying. At least not right now.

Well consider me in the "believer" camp. What do you think of the rumors of a slightly thicker form factor? Will smart covers still be compatible with the iPad 3?

I have a buyer lined up to take my iPad 2 off my hands, but I might keep my smart cover just in case it works on the iPad 3.

As for your poll question at the top of the forum....could subtle hints be there? ;)

I get the quad core and retina...I wonder if Siri would be useful enough on iPad particularly since there are wifi and 3G models?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well consider me in the "believer" camp. What do you think of the rumors of a slightly thicker form factor? Will smart covers still be compatible with the iPad 3?

I have a buyer lined up to take my iPad 2 off my hands, but I might keep my smart cover just in case it works on the iPad 3.

As for your poll question at the top of the forum....could subtle hints be there? ;)

I get the quad core and retina...I wonder if Siri would be useful enough on iPad particularly since there are wifi and 3G models?

The poll that I linked to was for the 4S. That was before I found out they were calling it that. At that point all I knew was it was coming in October.

Gators625

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
The poll that I linked to was for the 4S. That was before I found out they were calling it that. At that point all I knew was it was coming in October.

Oh, I know the poll you linked was for the 4S. I meant the poll at the top of the iPad 3 forum.

Anyways, I wonder what Apple was able to do with the battery tech with a quad core and retina display. I'm assuming Apple considers the 10-hour battery life a benchmark for iPad 3 as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro