What will it take for you to upgrade?

What one feature (if any) will it take for you to upgrade to the next gen iPad?

• Total voters

EggoEspada

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Same as you guys. Currently rocking an iPad 2, but mainly I think I will upgrade because of a Retina display. Also, I only have the 16GB iPad, and did not realize how large apps were on iOS. I have like no room for many more apps, let alone movies and music. So most likely, just the Retina display and having a larger capacity of memory is what makes me get the next iPad.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Same as you guys. Currently rocking an iPad 2, but mainly I think I will upgrade because of a Retina display. Also, I only have the 16GB iPad, and did not realize how large apps were on iOS. I have like no room for many more apps, let alone movies and music. So most likely, just the Retina display and having a larger capacity of memory is what makes me get the next iPad.

I always go with the 32 gig now since I'm using iTunes match for my music. Eventually that may carry over to video as well.

MiracleMan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
$500+ in extra cash in my pocket.

I don't have an iPad now, but I really want one. Its just silly to try and get a 2 now when the 3 will be here soon.

BMFarrell84

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Retina!

No questions asked I will stand out in the cold if needed to get one of those. Gaming, Reading, Movies on in iPad with Retina will be SOOOOOOO RAD!

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
For now-I'm perfectly content with my iPad 2. I probably will skip a generation before buying another.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Sell my current one for as much as I can and then pay the difference. That's how I do with every iPhone and iPad. Not toooooo painful that way.

Usually the same approach I make as well. Much better than starting from scratch.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Definitely retina. I'd go as far to say as i wouldn't even bother upgrading without it no matter if those other updates make it on there.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Sell my current one for as much as I can and then pay the difference. That's how I do with every iPhone and iPad. Not toooooo painful that way.

There's always a kid in my family needing/due for a phone upgrade... I buy new and pass the previous model down to one of the kids (six kids, 5 in-laws).

When it comes to iPads, however, I follow Cheez-It's advice: "Get your own box", because I'm going to have to sell my iPad2 to afford the iPad3.

Really looking forward to the retina display... going with the 64GB version this time...

jayblazer

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping for a quad core that has capabilities closer to a full CPU.. but no matter what it is I'm getting it. I think a better display is a given.. I guess I will be going with 32 gigs. I would really love to see micro SD card integration!! If not micro SD some sort of expandable memory..

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nothing. I'm totally content with my iPad 2 and I am in no rush to upgrade to a newer version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gators625

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Definitely retina display...assuming Apple has the battery and internals to make it all work smoothly. I just don't want to see a huge drop in battery life or choppy framerate.

That said, I just sold my iPad 2...so bring on the iPad 3.

March, right? Early or late march? Need some of that inside info from Jeremy ;)

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Same as others have already said. Retina display and more ram. I think I will be content with 32GB but I'm not sure. I might buy another 64GB.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
To be honest, I would only get a flash enabled tablet....which is android. I like the iPad, but I want it to always go to the non-mobile site because it's a much more capable machine than the iPhone. I know they will NEVER allow third party plug ins, but a lot of content that I read mandates flash. The NFL comes to mind with a lot of their articles. Once all the content that I visit migrates away from flash, then I will get an iPad. Otherwise, my laptop is fine.

Of course I won't get an android tablet because they are subsidized and require two year commitments.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR