iPad 2 Glass "Pop"

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey fellow iMore junkies. I have a question/observation/whatever for you. I got my iPad 2 on day 1 and noticed almost from that day that glass near the home button was mushy. It seems almost as if it was not sealed completely. But I'm overly critical of my gadgets so I waved it off as my imagination. About a month ago, however, I was pressing on the glass around the home button (it has become a habit) and it made a popping sound. I did it again. Pop! Nothing happened to the glass, visually. It's like the adhesive isn't bonding completely. And it pops off in that area. I hate to drive an hour to the Apple Store but I think I should. I plan on selling or gifting this when the iPad 3 comes out so I don't want it to be defective.

Anyone else have this issue? I hit Google and found only one other person. I'd be interested to see if anyone else has found this problem and whether or not Apple replaced the screen or the whole unit. It's certainly a defect so I'm guessing they will.

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I figured as much. Looks like a trip to the good ol' Lehigh Valley store is in order. Thanks. Still interested to hear if anyone else has this problem. Sounds like a weird one.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice