Tell you what I'm going to do...

pinkvikchick

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Why would someone take the time to find a forum, register, and post that they hate the product? This happens on e crackberry site all the time too. I'd like to hear the reasons behind you being so absolutely disgusted that you would invest so much time in hating it. I come from a blackberry background and I will admit, when I first purchased my iPad I wonder what the hell I was going to do with a 700 dollar toy for the first few weeks. I believe now that 1) no one actually NEEDS an iPad, and 2) iPad is what you make it, regarding the apps that you put on it. iPads are like a finger print, not one is the same. Too bad, I bet if you had given it a week or two you might have hated it less.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Why would someone take the time to find a forum, register, and post that they hate the product? This happens on e crackberry site all the time too. I'd like to hear the reasons behind you being so absolutely disgusted that you would invest so much time in hating it. I come from a blackberry background and I will admit, when I first purchased my iPad I wonder what the hell I was going to do with a 700 dollar toy for the first few weeks. I believe now that 1) no one actually NEEDS an iPad, and 2) iPad is what you make it, regarding the apps that you put on it. iPads are like a finger print, not one is the same. Too bad, I bet if you had given it a week or two you might have hated it less.

Sorry about that, the original post was, "Tell you what I'm going to do...I'm going to purchase an iPad 2 then, take it back before the iPad 3 comes out." but after buying the iPad 2, I returned it a day later. I quickly discovered that it isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I adore Apple. I love their iPhones, but I always knew I didn't like the iPad. I always played with it in the store- then I finally went out and bought one. The bottom line: It's not like a computer at all- it behaves exactly like my iPhone- so for me, it's useless.

Yet every tech site seems to love it. It's actually not that great. But I believe fashions come and go. Following them can be an expensive undertaking. You're better off buying only the items that match your true style.

Last edited:

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I actually agree with you. I have played with the iPad and iPad 2 many times, both in stores and at friends' who own them.

I got bored after 30 seconds. It's a giant version of my iPhone minus the phone. I have no use for one.

That said, I don't know anyone who has bought one that doesn't love it.
I however, have no use for one. To each their own I guess. :)

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

Daruba#IM

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Maybe i'm not that smart, but there is something i can't understand:

You knew you didn't like the ipad, you even played with it serveral times but still bought it only to bring it back the very next day?

If i knew you, i would just give you the finger big time, but in this case i only want to say: "you're slightly confused."

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what you two are talking about? It is definitely different from the iPhone. Just off the top of my head the web browsing is not at all the same

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Maybe i'm not that smart, but there is something i can't understand:

You knew you didn't like the ipad, you even played with it serveral times but still bought it only to bring it back the very next day?

If i knew you, i would just give you the finger big time, but in this case i only want to say: "you're slightly confused."

Well yeah, knowing that the iPad 3 was coming out- I had to. My thought was that- okay, it was rated number one, so it must be good- all my friends have one..so it must be good.

It wasn't. By the time I actually made the purchase, I wasn't even buying it because I wanted it, I was buying it because of influence.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about that, the original post was, "Tell you what I'm going to do...I'm going to purchase an iPad 2 then, take it back before the iPad 3 comes out." but after buying the iPad 2, I returned it a day later. I quickly discovered that it isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I adore Apple. I love their iPhones, but I always knew I didn't like the iPad. I always played with it in the store- then I finally went out and bought one. The bottom line: It's not like a computer at all- it behaves exactly like my iPhone- so for me, it's useless.

Yet every tech site seems to love it. It's actually not that great. But I believe fashions come and go. Following them can be an expensive undertaking. You're better off buying only the items that match your true style.

The iPad IMO is way more functional than the iPhone. Also, I believe you have to spend time with the iPad to learn its benefits. Playing with it in the store or owning it for a day before returning, is not nearly enough time to learn unlock its potential. Additionally, it's a tablet NOT a computer so I don't get the comparison. The iPad compliments a computer very well. Think about people who spend a lot of time on the road. Getting emails on an iPad is MUCH more convenient than lugging around a laptop. I use my iPad more than my Macbook Pro, which is something I never thought would be possible at the time of purchase. The tablet is not a fashion or fad its real and they serve a big purpose. I could go on and on about it, but using is believing...

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The iPad IMO is way more functional than the iPhone. Also, I believe you have to spend time with the iPad to learn its benefits. Playing with it in the store or owning it for a day before returning, is not nearly enough time to learn unlock its potential. Additionally, it's a tablet NOT a computer so I don't get the comparison. The iPad compliments a computer very well. Think about people who spend a lot of time on the road. Getting emails on an iPad is MUCH more convenient than lugging around a laptop. I use my iPad more than my Macbook Pro, which is something I never thought would be possible at the time of purchase. The tablet is not a fashion or fad its real and they serve a big purpose. I could go on and on about it, but using is believing...

Same here I only break our my MB Pro for hardcore computering now

JNMEATON#IM

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
well, i read alot on my Ipad 2 and between Kindle and Drudge Report the Ipad is a much more user friendly way to surf, email, play and keep kids occupied. Wouldn't give my ipad up for anything. if i need to compute something major.................PC.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm a dedicated Apple user and I bought the iPad- and I don't see what's so good about it.

I always thought the popularity of the iPad was just dumb. I have a device here, and the iPad is literally just a bigger version of that. How did they convince people to buy an extremely similar product- just bigger?

If I buy a tablet, it's going to have to be much, much, much different from my smartphone.

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

This is very debatable, but I know what you're trying to say. For example, GarageBand is a universal app that should function as well on my iPhone as it does on the iPad2. Except the interface is so busy, there's no way I can play with a guitar when I can only see 1/6 of the amp controls at one time. Defeats the purpose.

On the other hand, I actually feel like the iPhone is more "functional" as an overall device, when you consider the portability, the GPS, and especially the camera. The iPad2 WiFi doesn't even have an active GPS. And while the iPad should excel as a photo editing device (Snapshot is a great app), the cameras built into the iPad2 are basically garbage. Which means you have to use it more like you would use a computer to download photos taken elsewhere, edit them, and re-save them.

Hearing rumors that they're working on improving Photo Stream with iOS 5.1, and if that's the case, it could help the iPad a great deal. But generally, I feel like the iPad's distinguishing feature is the big, beautiful screen, but other than that, the iPhone actually does a lot more as a device, and is more practical to use as a portable device.

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm a dedicated Apple user and I bought the iPad- and I don't see what's so good about it.

I always thought the popularity of the iPad was just dumb. I have a device here, and the iPad is literally just a bigger version of that. How did they convince people to buy an extremely similar product- just bigger?

If I buy a tablet, it's going to have to be much, much, much different from my smartphone.

To partially contradict my last post, just saying that it's a "bigger iPhone" may have a kernel of truth to it, but it's also an oversimplification. There are tons of things that the iPhone could do, but for the tiny screen. An example of that would be the Kindle app or reading a magazine in Zinio. Again, I can do those things with an iPhone, but if the iPad is an option I never will.

To me, if you're buying an Apple device, you might as well be "all-in" on the ecosystem. That way, when your Android buddies tell you how small your 3.5" screen is compared to their Droid, Razr, or HTC device, they don't have the benefit of using universal apps on a friggin' 10" screen with a tablet. It isn't necessary to have both devices, but if you do, they can go hand in hand.

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
well maybe for people who already own an iphone, buying an ipad 2 doesnt make any sence since they perform the same( although they dont, in terms of screen and thus more functionality) with the same os minus the phone. But for me, being an owner of GSII Skyrocket (awesome device btw) ipad is something that i tend to use for almost 50% of the time if not even more.. I experimented with various android tablets and found them to be incomplete buggy devices. Before i bought the ipad my wife was so sure she wouldnt use it and now.. I had to order one more ipad yesterday for myself... because she is on it all the time for the past few months.. I showed her the texbooks thats been released today btw and she loved it and frankly idk about other people but my wife and I found so many uses for the ipad that i ended up selling my laptop and now have only one PC... I recently bought the Asus TF Prime to try it out and even the fact that its a quad core tablet i was barely able to use it due to horrible lag not mention the wifi problem.. I wish android tablets will reach the same level of performance and smoothenes as high end android phones. but until that happens, ipad is a #1 tablet for me.

Last edited:

teasac

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I got one for Christmas too and I love it. It's not that special but it does a nice job of replacing my laptop for my typical evening internet browsing and reading/writing emails. I have to spend a fair amount of time on email and I love the way all my email accounts can be used separately or blended by date, etc. I also like the "reading" apps I have, great for reading books, I love Flipboard, it's just a great little tool. I have picked up a capsule/keyboard combo and it not only protects the iPad but provides a natural size keyboard.

sorry some don't see it that special but I found my very useful. I have an iPod, iPad and iPhone, and I use them all for different uses, but with My Cloud, they are all tied together and share my emails, music and calendars.

I'm in love. simple guy I suppose but very fun too.

wiggy1

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I got the iPad when the screen on my Tablet PC broke and I needed a replacement quick. The iPad is not a Tablet PC and I Struggled with note taking at first, but having the all-day battery life was a big sale for me. Since then I have been able to turn my iPad into the ultimate thin client. It is awesome as a tablet and with Remote Desktop and a Bluetooth keyboard I just log into my desktop when I need more capability. Not the full experience of a-laptop, but sufficient for my needs.