HOW TO DOWNGRADE iOS 5.0 to 4.3.3 WITHOUT SHSHs!!!!!!

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
HEY GUYS, im new to this forum and joined to spread the good news that you CAN downgrade ios 5 to 4.3.3 on the ipad

EDIT: I was in DFU mode when this worked, PUT YOUR DEVIDE INTO DFU MODE>

1:download ios 4.3.3 for ipad 2
2: connect ipad
2b: ENTER DFU MODE
3: on you ipad page hold the shift key(option key on mac) and click restore
4:choose the ios 4.3.3 ipsw
5:it will extract the software and the second it starts saying verifying restore with apple, turn off your network connection

6: The restore should work and you can go jailbreaki tested this on an ipad 2 (wifi) on 5.0, i dont know if it works on 5.0.1 but it might. HAVE FUN WITH YOUR JAILBREAK!!!

i hope this gets on the homepage so everyone can know!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
does anyone have tried this??

I swear it works, im not lying, i dont know why it worked, i wasnt expecting it to, i was just trying it out and then it restored and you can try it, if your scared it might not work just back up, if it doesnt work just restore to ios 5 and restore your backup.

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I tried it so many times last night dfu mode, safe mode, ireb and nothing. I guess your just lucky lol you should stich your shsh blobs into a ipsw and let me see if it works on mine lol pretty please

Netomat

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
YES I HAVE, THAT'S WHAT I FORGOT TO TELL YOU!!!!

These are in it

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
#127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
#74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

shouldn't the 1st apple ip be deleted or commented out as well?

I would love to know how this works as I recently had an issue with my ipad 2 screen becoming unresponive and I had to restore to 5.0 to get my ipad back up and running. Lost my jailbreak in the process and even with my SHSH blobs I am having a hell of a time getting back to 4.3.3

to the best of my knowledge simply commenting out the apple update servers like above without running tinyumbrella TS server would cause the restore to fail.. :confused:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal