Is refurbished ok?

t_williams9476

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Here's my question: I am a college student, and I am planning on getting my mom an iPad 2 for Christmas this year. I have been planning all along to get a new 16GB one for $499, but I remembered yesterday about refurbished. My two major questions:

1.) If I purchase a refurbished one, will there be any noticeable differences in performance? I know that Apple's website says that all refurbished items are basically completely rebuilt, but I want to hear from people who have experience with refurbished products.

2.) Will there be any physical differences between a refurbished and a new iPad 2? Again, I want to hear from people with experience with refurbished devices.

Thanks y'all!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Not only will there be no difference between new and refurb, depending on where you buy it, you can probably still get a SquareTrade warranty on a refurb.

t_williams9476

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I was actually planning on getting it at Best Buy because my school's bookstore sells Best Buy gift cards (among others), and I had some extra scholarship money, so I was going to go that route. What do you mean by SquareTrade warranty?

greasemuntney

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
For the money the refurb is the way to go. Just as good as a new just cheaper. And most have almost the same warranty. To me $50. dollars saved is a good deal.

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten refurbished items from the apple store and I could not tell that they weren't brand spanking new! That is how I'd buy mine if I did not have one in the household already. I've had a macbook that was gifted to me by my uncle that was refurbished and it's been four years later and it is still working great!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought an iMac thru apple refurbished. Looks brand new and comes with same warrantee from apple as if it were new. Friend bought the first iPad refurbished and saved a ton. Whenever I'm looking to upgrade I check the apple outlet first.

Snipperdo17

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
refurbished isn't bad at all. They fixed what was wrong with it and cleaned it up. basically brand new I've never had a problem with refurbished items

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I bought my refurbished MacBook Pro from Apple four years ago and it still runs strong. The only issue I had was the graphics card went out. I found a recall for the graphics card/logic board and made an appointment with the genius bar. They fixed it free of charge plus it was out of warranty and apple care. I'm sold with their refurbished products. Plus it looked like brand new.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The don't offer Apple Care+ on the iPad? Since that warranty is by Apple and covers physica/waterl damage, that is the way to go.

It's only the way to go if you live near an Apple store. Since I'd have to send my iPad in, I may as well get the same coverage for less - and send it to Square Trade if there's a problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2