iPad sales on Black Friday?

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I was curious - what does everyone expect in terms of iPad 2 Black Friday sales? Do we expect the typical Apple $50 off discount? Or will there be something better?

One reason I ask: I have a shot at getting a new iPad 2 (16 GB, wifi version) from a reputable store in NYC for $465 - no tax and free shipping (I live in NJ). I have the iPhone 4, so I'd tether it to the iPad rather than plunk down the extra $130 for the 3G version. Do you think Apple - or any other store, for that matter - would come close to beating that price on Black Friday/Thanksgiving day? Decisions, decisions...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong but I doubt Apple is going to be putting the iPad on sale any time soon. I've seen places like Target, Walmart, and BestBuy give away a free $25 iTunes gift card with the purchase of an iPad in the past, but I haven't seen them marked down in price.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Apple usually does a sale (they have the last 2 years), but with tax, the discount wouldn't be as great as it sounds. That's why I just pulled the trigger on the deal I mentioned & got it for $465 from the NYC store. I'm pretty stoked. :D

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Last year is was like 40 bucks or something on the iPad 1. I suppose they will do the same again this year. I am actually going to go buy one today. I called yesterday and asked if there was a small drop on price on BF if they would give me the difference back and they said yes.

rubynyc

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
So can you tell us where you purchased the ipad2 for $465 because apple is only offering $41 off, with tax, you still end up paying the $500....so $465 is pretty sweet deal :)

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This is the only ad I've seen for iPad sales so far. From theblackfriday.com

meij-ipad.jpg

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
It has been on sale at Bestbuy for about a day now. You receive 45.00 off if I recall correctly. Apple will also be having a sale at their stores and online on Friday.

:)

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
So can you tell us where you purchased the ipad2 for $465 because apple is only offering $41 off, with tax, you still end up paying the $500....so $465 is pretty sweet deal :)

Sure thing! It took a few steps (very easy, though):

1. Microcenter has/had it on sale for $50.00 off. I live in NJ, and we have a Microcenter in Paterson, a city that only has 3.5 percent sales tax due to the NJ "Urban Enterprise Zone" qualification. While that would bring the iPad to $466, I didn't feel like driving up to Paterson, so I went to J&R Music World's site (J&R: Electronics, Digital Cameras, Computers, Appliances, Software, Video Games, DVDs, CDs .) and saw they had the iPad for a few cents less than the normal price.

2. J&R only charges sales tax to NY residents (it only has one store), so I called their price match hotline and asked if they'd match the Microcenter price. The guy had to confirm Microcenter's price; he took a few minutes to do that and told me he'd give me the iPad for $465, shipping included and with no sales tax. It was the first time I ordered anything over the phone, and the rep was super-nice about it.

3. I ordered it on Monday and got it in my hands by Wednesday (yesterday).

If you go this route, I'd wait until after Black Friday, since it looks like Microcenter is selling them in-store only (no price listed on their site). They've had the $50 off for some time now, and I think that it's guaranteed until sometime in December. Go to their website
for more info. Good luck!

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I got 10% off when I bought one last year on black Friday. I bet it's the same this year! Let us know!

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I think I paid about $459 from the Apple site.
I also bought a Smart Cover for $29 ($10 off)
Of course I had to pay tax

Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods