Sprint/IPAD2/Sim Card/GSM

sf_lexus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi Y'All
Quick question that I couldn't find the answer to already. I hope it's a good one. Here's what I have:

- IPAD 2, Unlocked, AT&T Version
- Blackberry Bold on Sprint Network with a SIM CARD (yes, that's right, Sprint DOES use SIM Cards on SOME of it's phones)

Because I travel Internationally and buy local SIM cards to use on all my devices, I was wondering what would happen if I CUT my Sprint SIM card down to a Micro Sim card size, and inserted it into my Unlocked IPAD2 - Would I be able to access my Sprint Network's Data Service? (wouldn't that be cool??!!) :cool:

Please say yes...:p
ps. I am fully aware of the CDMA vs GSM debate - please let's not discuss that.

Thanks in advance.

Lex

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't see why it would not work .. I know sprint uses sim for Nextel etc.

One thing I would check it what band is sprint using vs what bands the iPad can operate on

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I believe the sprint sim cards only work for international roaming. And a nextel sim card wouldn't work, because its not on GSM it's on IDEN. So I don't believe it would work.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry Bold on Sprint Network with a SIM CARD (yes, that's right, Sprint DOES use SIM Cards on SOME of it's phones)

Because I travel Internationally and buy local SIM cards to use on all my devices, I was wondering what would happen if I CUT my Sprint SIM card down to a Micro Sim card size, and inserted it into my Unlocked IPAD2 - Would I be able to access my Sprint Network's Data Service? (wouldn't that be cool??!!) :cool:
As stated above, the SIM is only for international roaming. you Bold is a hybrid CDMA/GSM device. cutting/swapping the SIM wouldn't do you any good within the US. The SIM isn't used to access Sprint's network.

I don't see why it would not work .. I know sprint uses sim for Nextel etc.
Also irrelevant. It's not just a matter of whether or not there's a SIM. Don't fixate just on the SIM -- that's oversimplifying the matter. The carrier's network matters. An iDen SIM won't do any good for a GSM carrier.

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
As stated above, the SIM is only for international roaming. you Bold is a hybrid CDMA/GSM device. cutting/swapping the SIM wouldn't do you any good within the US. The SIM isn't used to access Sprint's network.

Also irrelevant. It's not just a matter of whether or not there's a SIM. Don't fixate just on the SIM -- that's oversimplifying the matter. The carrier's network matters. An iDen SIM won't do any good for a GSM carrier.

Makes since but that's why I said check the band it uses basically as u stated iden or gsm sorry if it's the wrong terms

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice