Only using iPad once a Week

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
A new study in the UK suggests that 25% of iPad users only use the device once a week and 1 in 10 of them use it less then that.

You can read the article here..
Apple's iPad not so shiny once you get it home • The Register

Now this is probably the wrong place to ask as frequent visitors to this forum as Apple fans/experts so use them for work but I would love to know others opinions on this.

Personally I think it isn't right, everyone I know with an iPad uses it everyday!

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I use mine all the time!! It's my remote sometimes for directv and it's my "newspaper" in the morning. I use it for other things to but these two I just mentioned are the most frequent

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Now this is probably the wrong place to ask as frequent visitors to this forum as Apple fans/experts so use them for work but I would love to know others opinions on this.

Personally I think it isn't right, everyone I know with an iPad uses it everyday!
"Everyone you know" is never statistically significant. That's the point of studies like this -- to have a large, broad sample of people. Your usage can certainly differ from the average. That doesn't mean that the average is incorrect. I use my iPad 2 every day. Doesn't mean that everyone else does.

This is the wrong place to ask as you're relying on a skewed sample.

Jaclflash19

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I am on mine all day long. I bring it with me to work to have something to read on my lunch break. I use it far more often now than my laptop. If I could get my one I would. Ipad3 is very high on my wish list. :)

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
If I didn't use it for school, my use would drop tremendously. I've been slowly trying to switch over things I do on a computer over to the iPad, but it's just not as versatile for me as a laptop. I need a keyboard, the browser on the iPad is just ok, and using Office on my laptop is vastly superior to using any of the iPad equivalents. They just aren't fleshed out enough, for me, to be viable substitutes.

In no way am I bashing the iPad, mind you. It's an excellent addition to my laptop, and there are a few things it does far better than my computer. I use a lot of mind mapping for my notes, and I have yet to find a better overall mind-mapping program than iThoughtsHD. I use it in connection with Freemind on my computer (all linked in to my Dropbox access across the two devices). I've also been using Flashcardlet extensively for test preparation. There really isn't a more convenient way to make, access, and store the amount of flashcards that I need/use.

Again, though, a majority of my iPad use is school related. In that aspect, it's been fantastic. Remove that, and my use drops to maybe once or twice a week, until I find more uses for it.

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My mom has one and I think I play games and things on it more than her. But I think she's still getting used to having it around. She still jumps on her MBP.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
About one or twice a week. Usually on weekends we'll bring it on trips for daughter to use in car. My daughter used to play with apps a lot but not much since i've set up a PC for her. She prefers the PC.

Usually i grab the iphone or go to my office (in house) to use my own PC which has the advantage of being the only quiet place in house.

Honestly, I'm likely to just sell the ipad. Most likely, it's the sunk cost of all the apps I got for it that's been keeping me from doing it.

ccsuwxman

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I use mine everyday. It's the first thing I turn on in the morning (it's on my nightstand) and the last thing I use before hitting the sack at night. Those who criticize it because it doesn't do MS Office type stuff are not using it for what it's meant to be. It's not a SUBSTITUTE for a laptop or desktop computer, but rather, an adjunct. It provides access to information on the go, while being extremely portable, almost always connected (even if you only have wi-fi) and weighs next to nothing. My wife liked it so much, she wound up buying one for herself.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox