Only using iPad once a Week

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I use mine everyday. It's the first thing I turn on in the morning (it's on my nightstand) and the last thing I use before hitting the sack at night. Those who criticize it because it doesn't do MS Office type stuff are not using it for what it's meant to be. It's not a SUBSTITUTE for a laptop or desktop computer, but rather, an adjunct. It provides access to information on the go, while being extremely portable, almost always connected (even if you only have wi-fi) and weighs next to nothing. My wife liked it so much, she wound up buying one for herself.

Sounds like you just described an iphone.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I use it when I go to work on 3rd shift for reading, podcasts, games, a movie/tv show I downloaded from iTunes,etc... At home I'll use it instead of the computer for watching Netflix.

mxlogic

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I use it pretty much everyday for note taking in class. When I travel, I use the iPad non-stop. At home, not so much unless I'm in bed getting ready to sleep.

woodiah

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I am new to Apple, and have just gotten an iPad, iPhone, and iMac - I have to say I use all heavily. I use the iPad to take notes daily and to demonstrate procedures being implemented for a job I recently started.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cluskie

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I used my iPad everyday when I got it as a novelty, filled it with apps in like a day!

Nowadays apps are for my iPhone 4s, pc is for work, documents etc and I just tend to use iPad for browsing, such as now...on the train to visit family for the weekend. Only app I really use is newsstand, all my magazines are on here now

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
"Everyone you know" is never statistically significant. That's the point of studies like this -- to have a large, broad sample of people. Your usage can certainly differ from the average. That doesn't mean that the average is incorrect. I use my iPad 2 every day. Doesn't mean that everyone else does.

This is the wrong place to ask as you're relying on a skewed sample.

And who exactly was this large, broad sample of people? The link doesn't say. We have no idea how many people were asked and who exactly was asked. However, I assume it was users of MyVoucherCodes. Frankly, the users of MyVoucherCodes is NOT a large, broad sample of users and is actually bias to only MyVoucherCodes users.

Yes, people who participate in TiPb forums is a skewed sample, but this one probably is too.

Furthermore, what exactly did the survey ask? The wording can make all the difference and it wouldn't surprise me if they were worded it in a bias manner so as to provoke the desired outcome out of those taking the survey.

As far as I'm concerned, this article is worthless.

Oh, and I use my iPad several times a day.

Last edited:

Toni1

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I think it fits very well between a smartphone and a laptop. Laptop screen size (almost) and smartphone battery endurance, fast startup etc. Excellent for travelling, on the plane etc, my laptop is left home more and more now. Poor thing.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
The article asked 3000 'the register' and partner site users who indicated when signing up they had an iPad.

The survey was 6 questions with the main one simply asking "How many times a week do you use your iPad" allowing free text to be input.

If it was clearly bias I wouldn't have bought it up! Give me a little credit

@dp_scott

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
The article asked 3000 'the register' and partner site users who indicated when signing up they had an iPad.

The survey was 6 questions with the main one simply asking "How many times a week do you use your iPad" allowing free text to be input.

If it was clearly bias I wouldn't have bought it up! Give me a little credit

@dp_scott

Where are you reading this?

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
The longer I have it, the more I use it! Now my (Windows) laptop is being such a PITA to start up in the morning, when I just want to glance at WOOT and a couple forums for 30 minutes, it's way less aggravating to just turn the iPad on and it's ready, instantly. I _always_ use the iPad and iPhone together in the evening, and frequently use all three of them with the laptop on weekends. It either replaces the laptop or complements it. Not to mention I see no need to ever bring the laptop with me wile traveling, now.

katrina2475

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I know everyone is different but I can't imagine going a day without using my iPad. I damn near use it every hour. There are just so many things that I use it for from managing my calendar, surfing the web, checking the weather, listening to podcasts, watching TV shows...you name it. My husband calls it my control center.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I use mine everyday and being that i have all apple products in my home its always up to date with music, movies, apps etc. You can't beat the portability...At this point I am not sure how I would operate without it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner