iPad GSM carrier besides AT&T for US

brf4n

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I am disappointed with the AT&T coverage on my iPad.

I read online you can buy a 3G sim card from a Straight Talk phone to get their 3G plan. Of course you would have to cut the sim down to fit, but it works. This seems OK, since I use a Straight Talk phone and no matter where I am, I get reception.

I was wondering, are there any other GSM carriers out there that people use with their iPads, in the US?

davjaxn

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
It's interesting you mention this. I was just thinking about this the other day. For starters you will need to jailbreak and carrier unlock the iPad. If that is even possible then after that there should be no issue.

Not to answer you question with a "go look somewhere else" but I believe the best info for this could be found within the jail breaking community. Good luck with it and if you are able to do it, post it here! I'd love to know!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It's interesting you mention this. I was just thinking about this the other day. For starters you will need to jailbreak and carrier unlock the iPad. If that is even possible then after that there should be no issue.

Not to answer you question with a "go look somewhere else" but I believe the best info for this could be found within the jail breaking community. Good luck with it and if you are able to do it, post it here! I'd love to know!

I remember hearing that all iPads came carrier-unlocked from the factory.

brf4n

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen