New iPad 2 user

Seeker2787

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey all... Just wanted to introduce myself. I just bought an iPad 2. It's syncing for the first time as we speak haha. Pretty excited to start playing around. I'm also new to the forums and need to do some digging to get more experienced with all the little details. I look forward to being part of this awesome community.

allen_95677

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
New Ipad2 backpack...check it out!

This Ipad backpack just got launched on kickstarter. Please help spread the word! I can't wait to get mine........this is going to make life with my Ipad so much easier!

You can go to kickstarter website and search for IG Pak. I have been waiting for a product like this......

SteveW928

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Now get your screen protectors ASAP! ;)

Heh... yea...... NO, don't get a screen protector. I actually prefer my iPad neked. :)
Hey, I look at this thing like it is a tool like my laptop. It might get a scratch eventually (on the back, not the screen) but I don't see that as a big deal. The screen, I think, you'd have to abuse the thing to scratch it. I do like the Smart cover, but not really for protection (it does provide a bit when traveling), but to use as a stand that is conveniently attached and along for the ride. I also found that it feels weird to carry an un-covered iPad around... but with the Smart cover, it feels quite natural to just carry like a note-pad from meeting to meeting. Also, just toss a micro-fibre cloth in your pocket or carrying bag, as you'll definitely need something to wipe the screen from time to time as it gets fingerprinted and smudged up.

SteveW928

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Another tip.... if you don't want to spend the money on a sleeve for tossing it in your backpack... just go to the post-office and pick out a bubble mailer that fits the iPad pretty closely. For like $1, you've got some great protection... and you've kind of stealth'ed your iPad as well (who would think to look in a bubble envelope?). Put some velcro on it to open and close and you're set.

Reactions: AlexW52

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to the fold gents. I couldn't be without my iPad now soon you'll be the same. Wonderful device, a joy to use. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have had mine for a few months now and absolutely think it is incredible. Congrats on the purchase and you are going to have a great time with it.

thedark722

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I just recently converted over. I was a huge BB fanboy and was at staples for 7 am opening on launch day of the BB Playbook. I loved the device. I have a bb for work so it all worked fabulously. The bridge is awesome. I bought my wife an iPad 2 on our last trip to NYC played with it and wasn't convinced. I found the PB so intuitive and so connected. The night iOS 5 was released, I upgraded her iPad, played with it for about an hour. After the hour was done, I took full possession of it, ordered her a new one (engraved, and all) and handed the playbook off to my stepson (also a BB user). The difference from ios 4 to ios 5 was enough to make me question my blind fanboism and jump ship. Now I'm still not sold on the iphone vs the BB but imessage is one of those things that could slowly change my mind (especially with my company starting to test iphones in our work environ). The one thing I sorely miss is the constant connectivity of the playbook. The bridge is an awesome thing. If apple worked to incorporate something like that into the iphone/ipad combo...I might have to rethink this whole iphone thing.

Anyway, just sharing my experience. New to the TiPb community, but have been with Crackberry for a few years. Looking forward to learning, sharing and just sounding off with the rest of you crazy folks.

iGenius - R.I.P.

kountzer

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Ipad 2 a few weeks ago. It was on a Tuesday evening at at Apple store. The reason I remember the event so well is because the next day Steve Jobs died. No connection between the two events other than establishing a timeline.

I read ebooks with it. I recently got a zagg bluetooth keyboard, and my interest in the ipad took off exponentially. They are forever changing procedures at work. On my breaks and at lunch a get the ipad out and type notes to help me keep up with what's going on. I read ebooks as well. At lunch l head for the nearest wifi hotspot. I don't have 3G, & they don't have wifi at work, unfortunately. Not a problem, between notes, personal blogs, & reading and music, I find enough to do with it. I take it everywhere now. I have to have my iphone & my ipad.

annasophia25

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
New user need sync help

I've had my iPad for a couple of days. When I did the sync of the iTunes apps from my iPhone 3G most things synced ( contacts, notes, alerts, music, etc) but most of the data in the apps didn't. Games I've worked on for two years are back at "0". Pocket Money is blank, my password keeper is blank, etc. I can live with this since it's all still on my phone, but I'm afraid to sync my phone now. Have I erased it all on my Mac? Will my phone be wiped out? I'm awaiting a new 4S but I'm too afraid to sync my current phone, let alone a new one!

Help!

AlexW52

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Now that I've had the chance to play around with mine, I can't stop! ;) I use Hulu Plus with iMainGo XP speakers and it's awesome. It's almost like a mini-home theater. I work with them and their products are pretty impressive. The speakers also serve as a stand and a case that protects your device. If you want to check it out, they have them on Amazon: Amazon.com: "imaingo": Electronics

:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73