Sprint iPad this Fall? What does that mean for the iPad 3?

Jotexozo

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
There are some rumors circulating today that say that Sprint may launch the iPad 2 alongside the iPhone 5.

When this is combined with what Jeremy Sikora said about the Verizon iPhone and the current "delay" here: http://forums.tipb.com/iphone-5-forum/215623-biggest-disappointment-re-next-iphone-8.html (specifically, that the reason it is taking so long for the iPhone 5 to come out is that Apple didn't want to release the iPhone 5 right after verizon got the 4), it makes me wonder if the iPad 3 will be pushed to Summer of next year.

comments?

Last edited:

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Sprint is a CDMA carrier. The physical device would be the same for Verizon or Sprint with Apple simply enabling Sprint to link their network to the device.

-t

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think it was a given that Sprint would eventually get the iPad 2 just like Verizon.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
iPad 3 will be dependent on the availability of sufficient quantities of quad-core A6 processors and probably Retina displays. The way Apple now rolls out products staggered over months means that iPad 2 sales will continue to be healthy up to whatever date Apple is ready to release iPad 3.

This is another one of those techie vs "normal" consumer deals. The average consumer doesn't follow release schedules. Just like they are buying iPhone 4s today, they'll buy iPad 2s next March, April, May, June, whatever month until iPad 3 comes out. Even then they'll buy iPad 2s on closeout.

Apple sets the schedule based on their priorities. Verizon, Sprint, China Mobile, etc. have to follow that schedule. Do you really think Verizon would have refused the 5th gen iPhone if Apple had it ready in June? What were they going to say?
"Screw you, Apple. We just gave our customers the iPhone 4 a few months ago and now you want us to sell them the next iPhone? We refuse to do that to our customers! We reject your new iPhone. Let AT&T sell it on their own again."
Yeah, right. Absolutely.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73