I think I got a virus???

migra

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks, I'm new to the forum and very tech savvy, and I need some help.
My ipad 1 is acting crazy. Whenever I get on an app., it shuts down and returns to the home page of the particular app I clicked on. It doesn't matter if the app is internet based or not.
What do I need to do to get this fixed? HELP

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried resetting? (Power off, power on?)

If that doesn't fix it, try restoring as new.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This is not a virus, it happens on my iPad 2 every once in a while. When it happens, tap the home button twice to open up the multitasking tray, then press and hold on the app that keeps closing on you till the red X appears, then tap on the X to close out that app. Once you open the app again from the home screen it should be okay.... Restarting your iPsd like Alli mentioned will also close out all apps in the multitasking tray, which works just as well.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
This is not a virus, it happens on my iPad 2 every once in a while. When it happens, tap the home button twice to open up the multitasking tray, then press and hold on the app that keeps closing on you till the red X appears, then tap on the X to close out that app. Once you open the app again from the home screen it should be okay.... Restarting your iPsd like Alli mentioned will also close out all apps in the multitasking tray, which works just as well.

Agreed! Having too many apps open can cause weird things to happen.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Agreed! Having too many apps open can cause weird things to happen.

Yeah, I found this out the hard way once. I must of had every one of my apps in the multitasking tray once, and couldn't figure out why my apps kept crashing once in a while. Now I make sure to close them out after a period of time.

migra

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to all for your help. It worked. Scared me to death as I thought all my company info was going to be wiped out. Aghhh.
So all apps at the bottom of the screen, below the three dots are open?

aaronkwok

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
It would surprise me if your iPad have really got a virus! LOL!
IOS would not end the apps, which may occupy much of memory so that new app could not have enough memory to run.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to all for your help. It worked. Scared me to death as I thought all my company info was going to be wiped out. Aghhh.
So all apps at the bottom of the screen, below the three dots are open?
All the ones that you see in the multitasking tray after you have double clicked on the home button are in a suspended state until you reopen them again. If you are seeing a lot of apps there try closing some of them out once in a while.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice