iPad 3g will only connect to edge

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the iPad 3g and it will no longer connect to 3g. It will connect to Edge, but not to 3g.

I know I have 3g network there since my iphone has 3g in the same location - and both are on AT&T.

I have tried restarting and even restoring.

Any ideas?

DeanP

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
What iPhone do you have?

If you have the iPhone 4, take out the micro-sim from the iPad and put it in the iPhone 4. On the iPhone, go to settings >> general >> network, is 3G turned on? If not, slide the box Enable 3G to on. Then take out the micro-sim from the iPhone 4 and put it back on the iPad. Do you get 3G again?

If you have the iPhone 3Gs, 3G or 2G - try reset the network settings (settings >> general >> reset).

Regards...

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
What iPhone do you have?

If you have the iPhone 4, take out the micro-sim from the iPad and put it in the iPhone 4. On the iPhone, go to settings >> general >> network, is 3G turned on? If not, slide the box Enable 3G to on. Then take out the micro-sim from the iPhone 4 and put it back on the iPad. Do you get 3G again?

If you have the iPhone 3Gs, 3G or 2G - try reset the network settings (settings >> general >> reset).

Regards...

That's actually a really interesting solution. The thing is, I actually ended up restoring as new - which worked, but was obviously annoying.

I will make a note of this so if it happens again I will definitely try it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2