iPad 2 Major Problems

woods72

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've got an iPad 2 with iOS 5 Beta 5 and unfortunately, it seems like it's having major problems.

Sometimes when I use my iPad, it randomly shuts down and it goes straight into a boot loop. Even after a restart (home+lock button method), it still wouldn't get into the OS. It would show the Apple, but then freezes then the screen dims a little.

Usually, this would be an easy fix because you would usually go into DFU and restore. I've tried to restore to iOS 5 B6, but no luck. It would go to the Apple logo with a frozen pinwheel at the bottom. I've even tried restoring iOS 5 B5 and iOS 4.3.5. I've used Tiny Umbrella to get out of the loop and no luck.

What's really weird is that when I leave the iPad alone for a couple of hours, it would go into the OS, but then go into the cycle at random.

I honestly have no clue what's going on. I would like to send it into the Apple Store, but I'm afraid that they won't do anything because I'm on iOS 5. I'm not totally sure on that, so it would be nice if someone could clear that up.

Last edited:

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have no issues with Beta 7 ... Perhaps you should downgrade back to stock OS and see if the problems persist, might be a hardware issue.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
You might wanna put the iPad in DFU mode and restore to iOS 5 beta 7. Give it a try, bring it to the Apple Store. They might help you.

JakeInFla

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Betas can be taxing to work with and troubleshoot. I don't think I'd dedicate my only iPad to it, but if there's a secondary lying around, why not.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner