1st ipad still a good buy?

Qfanvnaa

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
My brother's old macbook recently broke and he is thinking of replacing it with a iMac and an iPad. Best of both worlds right?

He would like to get a brand new iMac which means he cant really afford a new iPad 2.

Would the 1st Gen iPad still being able to run everything well i.e. the latest apps or ios 5? Would he notice much difference in day to day use compared to the iPad 2?

Thanks

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My brother's old macbook recently broke and he is thinking of replacing it with a iMac and an iPad. Best of both worlds right?

He would like to get a brand new iMac which means he cant really afford a new iPad 2.

Would the 1st Gen iPad still being able to run everything well i.e. the latest apps or ios 5? Would he notice much difference in day to day use compared to the iPad 2?

Thanks

They do the same thing iPad 2 does however run a bit faster has cameras. FaceTime and photo booth also does alil movie editing it is also alittle thinner ... honestly unless you score a iPad one really cheap I think normal price now for iPad is 399 and iPad 2 is 499 so might be worth the 100 bucks I personally have a iPad but have used my friends iPad 2 and besides the cameras didnt notice thy much of a diff they both function the same

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
They do the same thing iPad 2 does however run a bit faster has cameras. FaceTime and photo booth also does alil movie editing it is also alittle thinner ... honestly unless you score a iPad one really cheap I think normal price now for iPad is 399 and iPad 2 is 499 so might be worth the 100 bucks I personally have a iPad but have used my friends iPad 2 and besides the cameras didnt notice thy much of a diff they both function the same

I've compared my iPad 2 with one of my friends iPad 1. My iPad was faster and was able to go back to all 9 pages that I had saved without crashing. The camera on the iPad 2 stinks for anything other than taking pictures outdoors with a lot of sunlight, so there really isn't that much of a comparison. The iPad 1 is good as logo as you get a good deal on the price.

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Try eBay and Craigslist for the OG iPad. You should be able to find some good deals there depending on how much memory you want or if you want a 3G version.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Yea the og ipad is still a pretty good buy but if I were you I would just buy a new macbook pro. Trust me, it will be way more convenient than having an ipad and a macbook

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree that the Original iPad is still a fantastic tablet, well worth having IMO. Although I don't know that a iMac and iPad combo is the best of both worlds for him. What does he do when he is mobile. For me I need the ability to use The Real Microsoft Office "No iPad app has 100% compatibility" .. But that's just me, if his mobile use is email web surfing and light productivity it may be a great fit.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If I were you I would choose iPad2,cause iPad1 + only 100bucks = iPad2

I've seen the iPad 1 for as much as $300 less than the iPad 2. I don't know if AT&T still has this deal, but they were selling the 64GB 3G/WiFi iPad 1 for $500.

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

sphinx23

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I would save the money to wait out on an Ipad 3 or check craigslist for Ipads cause I picked up a good condition Ipad 1 with a hard case and slip cover for $315

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro