What version of software?

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
So I'm seriously considering going to my local BestBuy to pick up a new iPad 2. My question is what version of software do you think will be installed/

Lets assume that the 4.3.3 stock is not completely sold out, can Apple remote update this prior to a sale? I'm guessing that BestBuy is more likely to have the older version of software.

The reason I ask is because I'm new to Jailbreaking and loving it. I'm also loving the JBme.com with the untethered JB. So if I KNEW I could get a 4.3.3, I'd buy one now but since there is not way of knowing for use (short of buying a used one) I'm looking for odds.

What's your thoughts?

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I just bought my iPad 2 from my local Best Buy, and it had 4.3.3 and I was able to easily jailbreak it with jbme.com for an untethered JB. So I think they still have 4.3.3 but I'm not sure

Reactions: j7469

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
So I'm seriously considering going to my local BestBuy to pick up a new iPad 2. My question is what version of software do you think will be installed/

Lets assume that the 4.3.3 stock is not completely sold out, can Apple remote update this prior to a sale? I'm guessing that BestBuy is more likely to have the older version of software.

The reason I ask is because I'm new to Jailbreaking and loving it. I'm also loving the JBme.com with the untethered JB. So if I KNEW I could get a 4.3.3, I'd buy one now but since there is not way of knowing for use (short of buying a used one) I'm looking for odds.

What's your thoughts?

They should still be 4.3.3 as I don't see Best Buy employees manually upgrading their inventory.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just bought my wife a new iPhone4 last night at AT&T (long story, wanted to wait for the iP5)... but the point is that the firmware was 4.3.3... so clearly, there are plenty of "stale" software still in the pipeline.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Odds are strong that you will get a 4.3.3 at this point, a friend purchased a iPad2 yesterday and it had 4.3.3 on it. @Hank ... I am in the same boat, my wife's iPhone 3GS is on the fringe, may need to get her a iPhone 4 ... I am hoping it can hold out another 30 days.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Odds are strong that you will get a 4.3.3 at this point, a friend purchased a iPad2 yesterday and it had 4.3.3 on it. @Hank ... I am in the same boat, my wife's iPhone 3GS is on the fringe, may need to get her a iPhone 4 ... I am hoping it can hold out another 30 days.

Her BlackBerry was already on the edge... and she came home yesterday with it in pieces... mumbling something about it slipping out of her hand, an asphalt driveway and a passing car... bottom line: she's now a proud iPhone 4 owner/user.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Got mime last week at bestbuy and they still have 4.3.3. If it doesn't you could always return it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2