What will make you buy the iPad 3?

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Well an external keyboard will almost always be wireless and you only plug it in to transfer the pictures onto the device then you import then into the camera roll. It takes about 3 minutes, I have one.

tapatalk on iPad 2 running ios5

flytech

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
When it's iPad, I should admit that it's just "must have the newest, shiny toy" syndrome" to me. Because Im already happy with my iPad2. Have iPhone 4 but not thinking about iPhone4s though.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
There is nothing that will make me get it. Simply because I know that it wont be the last model in the lineup. The coming year is my iPhone and MacBook Pro upgrade year so I will be waiting to get the iPad until 2013. The only devices I get whenever is the ATV only because it's cheap or the iPhone because it's my primary device. So I rotate my purchases, I skipped iPhone this year because I got iPad 2 and 4s wasn't a big enough pull for me.

bbman2204

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I guess Apple could upgrade the cameras, obviously A6 processor and this is not a deal-breaker for me but I think they should offer a 7-inch iPad for people who want more portability

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Just got my iPad 2 and I'm completely satisfied (except for the 16 gigs of storage but that's my fault :mad:)

But for the iPad 3 it definitely had to be a better processor, retina screen or just any better screen, more storage, better battery life (not to complain about the current life), maybe better cameras but honesty I don't see the point in a high quality camera in a tablet, and of course even though its not a iPad 3 exclusive but iOS 6!

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
There is nothing that will make me get it. Simply because I know that it wont be the last model in the lineup. The coming year is my iPhone and MacBook Pro upgrade year so I will be waiting to get the iPad until 2013. The only devices I get whenever is the ATV only because it's cheap or the iPhone because it's my primary device. So I rotate my purchases, I skipped iPhone this year because I got iPad 2 and 4s wasn't a big enough pull for me.

Same here. My goal next year is the revised iMac and iPhone 5. Maybe one more AppleTV for my living room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: v6mikey

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
For me to buy the iPad 3 it will have to have a Retina type screen, then after that a more powerful processor. With regards to camera, I'm not bothered about the camera.

I've got the iPad (1st gen) and I've never thought 'I wish this thing had a camera on it'. I have a camera on my iPhone.

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
For me to buy the iPad 3 it will have to have a Retina type screen, then after that a more powerful processor. With regards to camera, I'm not bothered about the camera.

I've got the iPad (1st gen) and I've never thought 'I wish this thing had a camera on it'. I have a camera on my iPhone.

the FaceTime on the ipad is really phenomenal, thats the best part of the cameras

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
the FaceTime on the ipad is really phenomenal, thats the best part of the cameras

I could understand the front one but don't get the one on back. That being said I have the iPhone since march and have never used FaceTime. I still am using iPad first gen. Can't wait for the 3.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

That's all well and good if you have friends and family members with other iOS devices/Macs. But for me, no one else in my family or circle of friends has them. I agree, the camera on the iPad 2 will be extremely useful for some, but for me it don't matter :)

I noticed you use Tapatalk. I just purchased this myself last weekend, what an excellent little app. I only wish more of the forums I visited were able to use Tapatalk. I emailed the admin for these forums, but most of them say that there planning a mobile version of their forum in the near future, so they wouldn't be adding Tapatalk compatibility. Which is a shame as I would sooner have access to that forum via Tapatalk, than a mobile version, at least with Tapatalk you can have all your forum subscriptions in one place/one app. :)

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I would not want anything less than the current screen size of the iPad. That's one of the things I like about the iPad is its large screen size. If the next gen iPhone has a 4 inch screen, then a 7 inch iPad would only be less than twice this size.

redneck86

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I think the only things that could make me buy a new Ipad are:

1. some new OMGDROOL feature
2. sd slot for more memory
3. Ipad 1 breaks or stops being updated

Munky#AC

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the iPad 1 right now so I'll probably get the iPad 3 when it's released since it'll be an all around upgrade. No point in really getting the 2 right now.

Cantime77

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Active Digitizer and Retina Display combination.
This would allow not only to consme but also to create thing on the iPad.
It is the input that sucks on the iPad, everything else works quite well.
Seriosly, there is a workaround for pretty much everything else
Crappy camera? you can import photos from a better cam
No SD card or USB stick for memory? you can get things stored in the cloud or the dreaded adapter
Sure LTE would be better instead of 3g and stroger multicore processor will be awesome... but what would make me want to buy and upgrade for iPad2? (besides the peer pressure and keeping up with the joneses) - Active Digitizer Pen!!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh