What will make you buy the iPad 3?

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Aside from just having "must have the newest, shiny toy" syndrome.

If you have recently upgraded to an iPad 2, will simply having a better screen be enough to make you seriously consider buying the iPad 3? What about new processor? More memory? What would it need to have to consider upgrading?

If you have an iPad 1, and you haven't upgraded to the iPad 2, what possible new specs (new processor, better screen, more memory, better camera, etc) would make you lean towards buying the iPad 3?

I still have the iPad 1. If the iPad 3 has better processors, screen, and camera than the iPad 2, I will probably upgrade to the iPad 3. If it is just the screen, or just a better processor, or just a better camera...well, I will still want to upgrade, but I don't know if I will. It will probably need to have at least two of the three (camera, screen, processor) for me to definitely buy a new one.

Chris

Reactions: Keyah Sanchez

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I returned my iPad 1 just before the iPad 2 came out. Now I returned my iPad 2 so I can get the 3, if that is what they will be calling it. This time I will make sure to buy it because I need it and not just because it's a hot item. I can't wait to see how nice the screen is, though.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
For me it would be screen and processor. The camera on something that size is kinda useless. I can see the front one for FaceTime but that's about it. I have the first one and held off upgrading.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
What would make me buy the iPad 3? A government grant stipulating I buy the iPad 3.

You still using the first or did you get the second one? I love new toys but couldn't justify getting the 2. With all the 3 rumors I'm really glad I didbt cave

dmcmoran

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I returned my iPad 1 just before the iPad 2 came out. Now I returned my iPad 2 so I can get the 3, if that is what they will be calling it. This time I will make sure to buy it because I need it and not just because it's a hot item. I can't wait to see how nice the screen is, though.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

How long did you have the ipad 2 for?

dmcmoran

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Aside from just having "must have the newest, shiny toy" syndrome.

If you have recently upgraded to an iPad 2, will simply having a better screen be enough to make you seriously consider buying the iPad 3? What about new processor? More memory? What would it need to have to consider upgrading?

If you have an iPad 1, and you haven't upgraded to the iPad 2, what possible new specs (new processor, better screen, more memory, better camera, etc) would make you lean towards buying the iPad 3?

I still have the iPad 1. If the iPad 3 has better processors, screen, and camera than the iPad 2, I will probably upgrade to the iPad 3. If it is just the screen, or just a better processor, or just a better camera...well, I will still want to upgrade, but I don't know if I will. It will probably need to have at least two of the three (camera, screen, processor) for me to definitely buy a new one.

Chris

Retina display would be enough. I read quite a lot of books and PDF's and find that after a while I get a bit of eye strain. It's a bit fuzzy compared to the iphone 4.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You still using the first or did you get the second one? I love new toys but couldn't justify getting the 2. With all the 3 rumors I'm really glad I didbt cave

Neither. I lasted about 3.5 weeks with the first one and sold it cause I really had no use for it. I got a 7" Galaxy Tab to use mostly as an ebook reader - much prefer the 7" form factor. So unless Apple decides they'll sell a 7" iPad, I'll never own another one.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
For me, to buy iPad 3 (2 HD/Pro)... it's retina display.... Nothing else

I have an iPad 2... Only had for a month... My only gripe is screen quality/res (compared with iPhone 4)

Last edited:

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
This thread has mentioned my two biggest wants for an iPad - that retina display AND 7" form factor. I have a Samsung 10.1 and a Galaxy Tab in 7". The 10.1 is the latest with all the go-fasters and latest OS (easier to hold than the iPad 2, too!), but I still grab the 7" when I leave the house. It's just... better that way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods