iPad or iPad 2?

Dermot_McCann

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
OK I was looking a good present for Christmas, and I wanted an iPad. But I don't know If I should get the iPad 1 or iPad 2?
Prices
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
iPad 1 WIFI 16GB Black = ?329.00
iPad 2 WIFI 16GB White = ?399.00

Which one??

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd wait for the iPad 3 which is rumored to be coming out in October of this year. However, if you don't need all the bells and whistles the iPad 2 will be a good alternative to the 3. If you can wait a little while, you might be able to get the iPad 2 a little cheaper once the 3 comes out.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'd wait for the iPad 3 which is rumored to be coming out in October of this year. However, if you don't need all the bells and whistles the iPad 2 will be a good alternative to the 3. If you can wait a little while, you might be able to get the iPad 2 a little cheaper once the 3 comes out.

Irish Rose nailed it. The original iPad has been reduced in price, but is getting very hard to find. The iPad2 is solid, and will be a great option, but wait until the fall when the new one is released. Waiting will allow you to evaluate the specs and price and decide... and, as she said, the cost of the iPad2 may fall a bit, based on the hew "Pro" version.

Link

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the smoothness of the iPad 2 on websites, but I didn't like the design of it compared with the first generation iPad. The first one seems durable and the edges are flat and I love the Apple case for it. The iPad 2 is lighter but just has a cheaper feel to it to me. The smart cover was always putting lines on the screen and I had to buy an additional plastic protector for the back since the smart cover only covers the front. I liked my iPad 1 better so I sold the iPad 2 a few months after I bought it.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I know it's been said but I just don't see October happening. I will come back and eat my words if it turns out to be true but....well, I still say negative.

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I would pick the iPad 2. I have iPad(1) and love it to death, but iPad 2 would keep you slightly ahead of somone like me as far as the update curve.

Sent from my Sidekick 4g using Tapatalk

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Get the IPad 2, as the 2th gen ipad is excellent, and I think the iPad 3 won't have many big update some rumors said that. If the ipad 3 coming, the iPad 2 still keep brilliant.
For the iPad 1VS iPad2, there are some discussion in this forum, you can search them, and this review is not too: iPad 2 review | Electricpig