Battery Usage?

Edge1978#IM

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
In my iPhone 4 there is a usage section which tells you how many hours you have used etc etc. But I can't seem to find the option on my iPad 2 and I'd like to find out because I purchased this on Friday and it was at 94% and I think I used it a total of 4-5 hours. Playing games, reading a few chapters of a book and web surfing. But today I had to plug it in because it reached 29%. In 3 days? Does thus sound accurate to you all?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You can't find what isn't there... for some reason, it's not an option on the iPad. Usage on the iPad only shows cellular data sent/received...

Reactions: Edge1978#IM

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There is an app in the app store that will track your usage. I'm at work now and don't have my iPad 2 with me. You should be able to find it by searching the app store. Or I can post the name of the app that I use when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The name of the app that I use on my iPad and mentioned above is called "Monitor". For me it is well the $1.99 that I paid for it. This app will help you track your battery status, usage monitoring, device information, and process monitoring. This app also has an alarm to alert you when your battery is fully charged.

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
@'Edge1978': About the accuracy that you mentioned, I couldn't say for sure... But a drop of 65% over the three days with four hours use sounds fair. Though you'd have to consider brightness and multitasking apps (Safari does keep pages loaded after all)

How I like to think about is this:

For every hour of (standard, non-video, non-gaming) use: ~10% battery
For every three hours of standby: ~1% battery

And more if my brightness is up. I use my iPad at about 40% brightness and Auto-Brightness on.

But as 'Irish Rose' mentioned, the app 'Monitor' is probably a good app for what you're looking for.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
The 3 day battery usage factor mentioned by the OP seems very reasonable to me. Unless you turn it off for some of the time, I wouldn't expect more than two days between charges under moderate to heavy use. If you grow to rely on your iPad as much as some of us, charge it, at least, every other day. I charge almost every night.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice