iPad 3 this October *Updated - DELAYED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Why would i be trying to convince myself that a rumor isn't true? That Apple is going to break from their established norms of doing business. Sorry dude, it's you that needs to do the convincing, not posting condescending responses with no substance.

Don't bother posting rumors. If you really believe this then please respond why you think it would be in Apple's best interest to do so. And how it would fit with the way Apple does business. Someone in the "know" should umm...know right?

And again, I'd love to be wrong.

I was pretty clear it is not a rumor. And it's possible you did not read this complete thread or you would have noticed certain things I said that explain why they are doing it this way.

And not directed to one individual, I love how they think Apple owes them regarding a product release cycle. Get over it people. They don't owe you anything and can release things however they see fit.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Why would i be trying to convince myself that a rumor isn't true? That Apple is going to break from their established norms of doing business. Sorry dude, it's you that needs to do the convincing, not posting condescending responses with no substance.

Don't bother posting rumors. If you really believe this then please respond why you think it would be in Apple's best interest to do so. And how it would fit with the way Apple does business. Someone in the "know" should umm...know right?

And again, I'd love to be wrong.

You will be wrong ;). So you will love it

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Chris, even if they do call it the iPad 2 HD, they could still lower the price of the iPad 2, and use the current iPad 2 price for the HD. I don't think the name is going to have too much to do with what the name is anyway, but we'll see in just a few months.

Possibly true. I was thinking of a "professional" iPad line, like the difference between a MacBook and a MacBook Pro. If that is the case, the iPad 2 may still be around, and it may be at the same price. Or it may be reduced. Time will tell. :)

miabs1

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I love that there will be an iPad 3 soon...I have an iPad 1 that I received as a gift last Christmas and would love to get a new one with camera and 3-4G that would be awesome

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
My 2 cents

Let me make clear that I am in now way associated with Apple, one of their partners, or even know anyone who is. I do however have a pretty extensive background in marketing and management.

There will be no iPad 3 this year! Before you go an jump all over this, consider the following.

iPad 2 came out earlier this year. Apple can barely keep up with demand. Why would they release 3 when they are still selling 2s like crazy?

They still have not completely unloaded all of iPad 1s. When iPad 3 comes out, iPad 1 will be phased out. So 1s must be sold out at that point.

They are in the business of selling you on the fact that the new unit is 100x more magical then the previous one. Everyone believes that. People settled into upgrading to the newest and best every year. If they start cutting that yearly cycle, they will loose sales. Most people will not upgrade every 6 months. They will instead skip generations and stick to 1 per year. Because to wait a year, is to long, but to wait 6 months is manageable.

That's my two cents. If you think I am full of it, that't fine. But go ahead and look at what I posted about the iPhone 5.

When everyone was saying that it will come in June/July like usual, I said that it won't. I said that it will come somewhere around Thanksgiving. We still don't know when it is coming. I believe that earliest would be Sep 24 and the latest Nov 10. So October looks about right. That's pretty close to Thanksgiving. Why Thanksgiving? Because the Verizon iPhone came in Feb. and to release the new one 5 months later (July) could not happen. Now ATT people are being forced to wait over a year but only by a few months. So consider this; In the spirit to not piss anyone off too much since VR people got one in Feb and ATT people got one last June. This Oct is the happy median for the release. It makes the ATT cycle @15 month and the VR cycle @9 months. Also it allows Apple to shift their release schedule closer to Thanksgiving when everyone is doing the holiday shopping. Can you imagine how many more people will buy one as a gift for the holidays? Also when it first comes out it's a pain to get your hands on for the first month. October release would be perfect as it would be readily available right for the holiday shopping before the market is saturated with them. Strong year end sales will also boost stock prices -btw.

So iPad announcement is coming in January (right after the return period runs out for the holiday shoppers) with an early Feb release. That's my call. We will see if I am right again.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Let me make clear that I am in now way associated with Apple, one of their partners, or even know anyone who is. I do however have a pretty extensive background in marketing and management.

There will be no iPad 3 this year! Before you go an jump all over this, consider the following.

iPad 2 came out earlier this year. Apple can barely keep up with demand. Why would they release 3 when they are still selling 2s like crazy?

They still have not completely unloaded all of iPad 1s. When iPad 3 comes out, iPad 1 will be phased out. So 1s must be sold out at that point.

They are in the business of selling you on the fact that the new unit is 100x more magical then the previous one. Everyone believes that. People settled into upgrading to the newest and best every year. If they start cutting that yearly cycle, they will loose sales. Most people will not upgrade every 6 months. They will instead skip generations and stick to 1 per year. Because to wait a year, is to long, but to wait 6 months is manageable.

That's my two cents. If you think I am full of it, that't fine. But go ahead and look at what I posted about the iPhone 5.

When everyone was saying that it will come in June/July like usual, I said that it won't. I said that it will come somewhere around Thanksgiving. We still don't know when it is coming. I believe that earliest would be Sep 24 and the latest Nov 10. So October looks about right. That's pretty close to Thanksgiving. Why Thanksgiving? Because the Verizon iPhone came in Feb. and to release the new one 5 months later (July) could not happen. Now ATT people are being forced to wait over a year but only by a few months. So consider this; In the spirit to not piss anyone off too much since VR people got one in Feb and ATT people got one last June. This Oct is the happy median for the release. It makes the ATT cycle @15 month and the VR cycle @9 months. Also it allows Apple to shift their release schedule closer to Thanksgiving when everyone is doing the holiday shopping. Can you imagine how many more people will buy one as a gift for the holidays? Also when it first comes out it's a pain to get your hands on for the first month. October release would be perfect as it would be readily available right for the holiday shopping before the market is saturated with them. Strong year end sales will also boost stock prices -btw.

So iPad announcement is coming in January (right after the return period runs out for the holiday shoppers) with an early Feb release. That's my call. We will see if I am right again.

Willing to put your money where your mouth is? I'm more than willing and I'm positive you will lose. ;)

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Let's do it. $20 paypaled to the winner. I say that iPad 3 comes out after 12/31/11. You say before. Game on?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Let's do it. $20 paypaled to the winner. I say that iPad 3 comes out after 12/31/11. You say before. Game on?

I can't with my affiliation to this site. I've personally seen the thing. Or at least a prototype with retina display. It's still on tap for October-ish as of a few weeks ago.

*for the record my source has given me release dates for the past two iPhones as well as first two iPads and have been spot on. The first iPad I was aware of the release date a year in advance. So take it for what it's worth. If this is to change I will update this thread as soon as I know. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, this can change.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Jeremy, according to the news on this sites front page, it looks like the iPad 3 isn't coming out till Spring of 2012. http://www.tipb.com/2011/08/12/iphone-october-7-ipad-spring-2012/ I guess like all the rumors out there it is best to wait for an official release date from Apple before we get our hopes up. :)

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Guess where it came from? I was going to say something here but then people wouldn't believe me and all that jazz so I was going to leave it alone. I do know the reason of the delay and when it has been pushed back to. (at least the exact month)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I can be your new "source" if you'd like for a small fee. :)

Let me think about that. A source at a fruit company that tells me almost everything about what is going on or some random guy who speculates based on his marketing background. Thanks but no thanks. ;)

Gators625

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Jeremy, I've been lurking in this thread for a while and decided to finally register. Your info has been great...thanks for taking the time to pass on your info to us. That's something you certainly don't have to do. Are we looking at a early 2012 launch now? I was about to pull the trigger on a iPad 2 once I read the front page, but if iPad 3 is launching in January or February, I'll definitely wait. If it's March or beyond I'll just buy a 2 now. Your thoughts? Could you give any hints as to if I should wait or not based on what I said? Thanks man!

That said, I'd really just love a "retina" display and an A6 to power it. Anything else is just extra :)

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Really?? this october? idk, that seems waayyyyyyy to early... but if it does i agree, all i would need is retina display

Check out the link that I posted above. The iPad 3 isn't coming out till some time in the Spring now. ;)

---

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Guess where it came from? I was going to say something here but then people wouldn't believe me and all that jazz so I was going to leave it alone. I do know the reason of the delay and when it has been pushed back to. (at least the exact month)

Good point here, Jeremy. I still believe you and will look forward to any future info that you are able to provide us with in the future.

---

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Jeremy, I've been lurking in this thread for a while and decided to finally register. Your info has been great...thanks for taking the time to pass on your info to us. That's something you certainly don't have to do. Are we looking at a early 2012 launch now? I was about to pull the trigger on a iPad 2 once I read the front page, but if iPad 3 is launching in January or February, I'll definitely wait. If it's March or beyond I'll just buy a 2 now. Your thoughts? Could you give any hints as to if I should wait or not based on what I said? Thanks man!

That said, I'd really just love a "retina" display and an A6 to power it. Anything else is just extra :)

According to what you say about if you'd buy one or wait until the next generation you should buy an iPad 2 now. Hope this helps.

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Let me think about that. A source at a fruit company that tells me almost everything about what is going on or some random guy who speculates based on his marketing background. Thanks but no thanks. ;)

I don't need to be a weather man to tell you it's going to snow in the winter. Just common sense. But you and your "source" seem to think it will snow in the summer. Like you said " put your money where your mouth is"

---
- Sent from my iPhone -Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW