iPad 3 this October *Updated - DELAYED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I still doubt iPad 3 shows up in Oct, but even if it does I'll be pleasantly surprised... And of course getting one as soon as that happens ;)

tengence

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
frustrated, very frustrated

I, hate to say it, sort of betrayed by Apple. I supported them and now they come out with something so damn early. There isn't going to be another ipad this fall i told my mother, its ok to buy the ipad, you don't have to worry about it again until next year, and now this...
Well yes you were right at least for now as more and more evidence is suggesting. I am glad you are so on the inside because now i can prepare for the yelling and screaming.

I just hope my white ipad 2 with 3g 32 gig still will sell.

Jason

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I, hate to say it, sort of betrayed by Apple. I supported them and now they come out with something so damn early. There isn't going to be another ipad this fall i told my mother, its ok to buy the ipad, you don't have to worry about it again until next year, and now this...
Well yes you were right at least for now as more and more evidence is suggesting. I am glad you are so on the inside because now i can prepare for the yelling and screaming.

I just hope my white ipad 2 with 3g 32 gig still will sell.

Jason

I can understand where you are coming from but you also have to remember that Apple has never promised release dates. Something else to remember is the iPad 2 is not going anywhere. They will continue to sell it. Possibly at a lower price. Not that it helps you... but for anyone else out there interested in picking up an iPad in the near future.

dmcmoran

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If it's aimed at video editing types, then it has to be 16:9, otherwise what's the point? Hell of a resolution though for that size of screen!

Think they should drop the ipad 2 moniker though, ipad 2 pro is too much to say. iPad Pro sounds way better.

My order will be in!

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Think they should drop the ipad 2 moniker though, ipad 2 pro is too much to say. iPad Pro sounds way better.

That's interesting... but Apple does have somewhat of a standard for naming their products.

Computer names included screen sizes where appropriate without any indication of version/revision number (MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, MacPro). They are often referenced by their release date (early-2010, mid-2011, etc).

Portable Devices have the version/revision number included (iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 3 Gen, iPad, iPad 2, etc)

But I agree, iPad 2 Pro is a mouthful. I like the iPad Pro... and like the iPhone, there will be some confusion with the name, no matter which way they go... iPad 3? iPad Pro 2? iPad Pro?

But whatever they call it, it's coming...

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I can understand where you are coming from but you also have to remember that Apple has never promised release dates. Something else to remember is the iPad 2 is not going anywhere. They will continue to sell it. Possibly at a lower price. Not that it helps you... but for anyone else out there interested in picking up an iPad in the near future.

I just went out and bought an iPad 2 today---I needed to buy myself a present, but the iPad 2 is really a "want" (versus a "need"). However, I got busy with other things and haven't even opened the box yet.

Based on what you're saying, might I be wise to return it and wait to see if the price drops when the iPad 3 is released? I'd rather wait a couple of months and get it cheaper if that's likely to happen...

I'm so confused. :confused:

dmcmoran

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I just went out and bought an iPad 2 today---I needed to buy myself a present, but the iPad 2 is really a "want" (versus a "need"). However, I got busy with other things and haven't even opened the box yet.

Based on what you're saying, might I be wise to return it and wait to see if the price drops when the iPad 3 is released? I'd rather wait a couple of months and get it cheaper if that's likely to happen...

Only you can answer that.

Mine is two weeks old and I could of done the same but chose to keep it. It's still a great piece of kit. When the next release comes along I'll sell it and put the extra towards it.

If you're still going to buy ipad 2 when the pro version arrives, why wait? 3 months is a heck of a long time to wait when you want to play with a 'want'. I doubt the price drop will be substantial.

Of course, it could go the other way. The new model(s) could be more expensive.

Reactions: mededitor

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Rule one of being an apple iOS user. Sell and buy. Don't sweat the waiting. Ebay or craigslist can sell these things in a heartbeat.

I'd say enjoy now. In fact i look at it this way. At release, you usually get 12 months of use. Divide the cost per month (500/12). Longer you wait, the more costly per month if you always buy at release. Buy online to save tax like macmall. An ipad one costs less and would be fine to enjoy for now til an ipad 3 comes along.

EggoEspada

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Only you can answer that.

Mine is two weeks old and I could of done the same but chose to keep it. It's still a great piece of kit. When the next release comes along I'll sell it and put the extra towards it.

If you're still going to buy ipad 2 when the pro version arrives, why wait? 3 months is a heck of a long time to wait when you want to play with a 'want'. I doubt the price drop will be substantial.

Of course, it could go the other way. The new model(s) could be more expensive.

If rumors are true and this new iPad in the Fall is just a branch of the iPad line as a 'pro' version, then I would think the iPad 2 wouldn't go down. I'm under the impression this new iPad is going to cost more and target a 'professional' audience, as the iPad 2 to target consumers. So the iPad might not see a price drop probably till the third generation iPad comes out.

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I woke up this morning thinking exactly what you all said. I won't be moving up to the iPad 3 and I don't anticipate that the price of the iPad 2 will come down too significantly, so I'm going to enjoy my iPad 2 now.

I think I was just suffering some "sticker shock" because I don't really need an iPad---but I've been wanting one so I'm going to keep it and enjoy it.

Thanks again. :)

dmcmoran

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If rumors are true and this new iPad in the Fall is just a branch of the iPad line as a 'pro' version, then I would think the iPad 2 wouldn't go down. I'm under the impression this new iPad is going to cost more and target a 'professional' audience, as the iPad 2 to target consumers. So the iPad might not see a price drop probably till the third generation iPad comes out.

'Tis exactly what I put in my last line. I expact ipad pro tomretail at approx ?799.00 GBP

dmcmoran

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I woke up this morning thinking exactly what you all said. I won't be moving up to the iPad 3 and I don't anticipate that the price of the iPad 2 will come down too significantly, so I'm going to enjoy my iPad 2 now.

I think I was just suffering some "sticker shock" because I don't really need an iPad---but I've been wanting one so I'm going to keep it and enjoy it.

Thanks again. :)

I thought bad after I bought my ipad 2 when i heard that there was another release this year. But now, I don't regret it one bit. It's done what I wanted to do. I have an itunes server sitting quietly in a corner streaming all my music and films. I do all my email and some office work on it, VPN into work and remote desktop to sort any out of hours issues out, anywhere in the UK. Just want to get the magic mouse, and Zaggmate keyboard to hook upto the TV for proper full on remote desktoping if need be.

Got tired of sepate systems for music, film, emails etc. Sure, it doesn't have the finer quality of the seperate stuff but it more than pays for it with convienience. I really do think it's revolutionised the way people work and play.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

True, the iPad 2 might not be going anywhere, however, I think what a lot of iPad 2 owners are upset about is the fact that Steve stated in the iPad 2 announcement that 2011 was the year of the iPad 2 and now there is going to be a higher end iPad 3 coming out just 6 months later.... This being the case, 2011 really isn't the year of the iPad 2. Just sayin'...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Keep it... Still a few month to go... You'd be dennying yourself the enjoyment that is iPad :D

I also got mine about 2 weeks ago and have used it daily like crazy ever since... Hardly cracked open my MBP since...

And the iPad 3/iPad 2 HD are still very much rumor at this point... Let's say it doesn't get released on Oct, how would you feel then?

As others have said, worst case... Sell your iPad 2 if & when the next releases.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
True, the iPad 2 might not be going anywhere, however, I think what a lot of iPad 2 owners are upset about is the fact that Steve stated in the iPad 2 announcement that 2011 was the year of the iPad 2 and now there is going to be a higher end iPad 3 coming out just 6 months later.... This being the case, 2011 really isn't the year of the iPad 2. Just sayin'...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

It is if it ends up being iPad 2 HD :D

Status
Not open for further replies.