dent........

ajw2495

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
ok so today at school my ipad dropped of my desk and it got dented in the top corner...its highly noticeable...what should i do...ive broken stuff before and apple replaced it but im not so sure thell replace this...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
ok so today at school my ipad dropped of my desk and it got dented in the top corner...its highly noticeable...what should i do...ive broken stuff before and apple replaced it but im not so sure thell replace this...

Why would you expect Apple to replace a device that received physical damage by your action?

I can hear them laughing now if I call my BMW dealer and ask him to replace my Z4 because of the dent that I caused when I ran into that wall...

Not.Gonna.Happen.

ajw2495

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
ok well you guys obviously have not dealt with apple alot, because when/if you do break something, like an iphone, thell just replace it for u for free

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
Apple Replacements

I dropped my iPhone4 onto a concrete floor about 3 weeks ago and it shattered the glass on the front of the phone.

I made a Genius appointment, took the phone to them fully expecting to have to pay dearly for my error. The guy helping me just asked me if I understood that this was not covered under warranty and I acknowledged that I dropped it, I had to bear the expense.

After a couple of minutes he said all he could do was replace the unit and to sign here. When I looked at the document to be signed it said $0.00. When I inquired what that meant, he said that everyone makes mistakes and everyone needed their iPhone. He graciously replaced the phone at no cost to me.

And that ladies and gentlemen is just one reason of many as to why I am an Apple customer for life.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I dropped my iPhone4 onto a concrete floor about 3 weeks ago and it shattered the glass on the front of the phone.

I made a Genius appointment, took the phone to them fully expecting to have to pay dearly for my error. The guy helping me just asked me if I understood that this was not covered under warranty and I acknowledged that I dropped it, I had to bear the expense.

After a couple of minutes he said all he could do was replace the unit and to sign here. When I looked at the document to be signed it said $0.00. When I inquired what that meant, he said that everyone makes mistakes and everyone needed their iPhone. He graciously replaced the phone at no cost to me.

And that ladies and gentlemen is just one reason of many as to why I am an Apple customer for life.

This is very dependent on the person you deal with. I've seen many told that they will not replace items with damage or they will be charged for replacement. I've also personally witnessed accounts like yours as well. The OP just has to have good luck that day. But a dent in the body of an iPad that is still working isn't really that great of a reason to replace it, IMO.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice