Highly annoyed. iPad1 frozen.

firedog25

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It just gives me a black screen with a low/red battery on it. I've tried....

1. Holding down the power/sleep button but the slider won't show up.

2. Holding down the power/sleep button and the home button for 10+ seconds.

3. attaching it to all the different USB ports on two different computers.

It only sees if it's plugged into usb cable, it doesn't get recognized by anything. For all intents and purposes it seems to be bricked, does anyone have any ideas to offer to help me resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

danimal1968

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried plugging it in to a wall outlet? I don't know about the Ipad but the Ipad 2 won't charge from most USB ports, including ones that charge my iphone.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
It just gives me a black screen with a low/red battery on it. I've tried....

1. Holding down the power/sleep button but the slider won't show up.

2. Holding down the power/sleep button and the home button for 10+ seconds.

3. attaching it to all the different USB ports on two different computers.

It only sees if it's plugged into usb cable, it doesn't get recognized by anything. For all intents and purposes it seems to be bricked, does anyone have any ideas to offer to help me resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

That's the dead battery indicator. Being that the iPad needs a lot of juice it only charges from very few USB ports; ones that supply full power. Connect it to the wall outlet and let it sit, after about 5-10 minutes when it has enough power it will start back up on it's own.

firedog25

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It still didn't play after plugging into a wall outlet. this isn't the first time it did this and after futzing about with it for about an hour it righted itself just like the last time. Kind of annoying. And no, my wife didn't update the firmware, she doesn't check that stuff very often. I think she did it after the iPad started working again, but I have to check.