iPhone - iPad Sync Issues

highwayman

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I searched the forums but could not find a direct answer to this...

I just got the iPad 2 but I'm having some sync issues. First of all, when I backup my iPhone, itunes attempts to sync my new ipad apps to my iphone. THe ipad apps are iphone capable, but I don't have enough space on the phone to support them, is there an option to "not sync" ipad apps? Or must I completely remove automatic app syncing?

My final issue involves iphone to ipad multimedia transfer. It seems that I can only sync music to my ipad from my itunes library (which is not neatly kept, and i'm missing the location of some music files). All of my library editing occurred in my iphone, so naturally it would be much easier for me to transfer my music directly from my iphone to my ipad. DOes anyone know a method to do this? Any help is appreciated and thank you.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
There is no way to only sync iPad apps etc. As long as sync apps is selected it will try to sync anything it can.

Same goes with music. I would just create a playlist in iTunes and put the music you want on your iPad in that playlist. The. On the music tab for the iPad select only the playlist to sync and you won't get everything else.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I, too, have a question about syncing the two. I was wondering how this worked. I don't actually have either, but I'm thinking about switching from Android to iPhone and get an iPad 2, too. I was wondering if I bought things like Angry Birds and the MLB At-Bat app if they can be synced to one another? I didn't want to have to buy one for each. Thanks!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I, too, have a question about syncing the two. I was wondering how this worked. I don't actually have either, but I'm thinking about switching from Android to iPhone and get an iPad 2, too. I was wondering if I bought things like Angry Birds and the MLB At-Bat app if they can be synced to one another? I didn't want to have to buy one for each. Thanks!

There are 3 types of apps: iPhone apps, iPad apps and universal apps.

iPhone apps can be installed on both devices, on the iPad you will need to use it double pixeled if you want it full screen.
iPad apps will only install on the iPad
Universal apps will install on both and will work full screen on the iPad.

Now some vendors make two versions of their apps (Angry birds for example). If you do not want to pay for them twice then get the iPhone version and use it doubled on the iPad.

Reactions: Wildo6882

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
There are 3 types of apps: iPhone apps, iPad apps and universal apps.

iPhone apps can be installed on both devices, on the iPad you will need to use it double pixeled if you want it full screen.
iPad apps will only install on the iPad
Universal apps will install on both and will work full screen on the iPad.

Now some vendors make two versions of their apps (Angry birds for example). If you do not want to pay for them twice then get the iPhone version and use it doubled on the iPad.

I appreciate the advice. I wasn't sure exactly what the deal was, but this definitely helped me out. Thanks again!

*Now if I could only find a good deal on a nice, used VZW iPhone...

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
When you hook up your iPad or iPhone just go into apps and uncheck the ones you want installed. it's very easy.

danimal1968

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
When you hook up your iPad or iPhone just go into apps and uncheck the ones you want installed. it's very easy.

Yep, that's it. By default it will try to sync all apps you have in iTunes and you need to click on the "Apps" tab and uncheck the ones you don't want.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73