Weird question - disinfecting ipad? Clorox wipe?

Momo13Drums

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So I just picked up an iPad2 32gb wifi. Last one in my state, it seemed. Anyway...

I use a clorox wipe on my blackberry torch to disinfect it and it's totally fine, will this be OK on the ipad as well? I will be taking my iPad the same places I take my phone which is why I would like to disinfect it. (School, work, venues, tours, etc. It gets NASTY)

I'm not a germ phobe or anything, but when you really think about it... I don't wanna be touching door handles, computers, instruments, you name it... by thousands of other people, and then sit down and use my iPad or Torch while eating something or whatever and be touching food + nasty stuff from the device from being out in public.

Anyone have any insight on this? I know it's a weird question but I don't want to take a clorox wipe to my new $600+ iPad and have it ruined.

The wetness has never damaged my Torch, btw. I have a system where I wipe the clorox and IMMEDIATELY dry it before the liquid can even move. Keeps things clean and happy

bomkweesha#IM

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Zagg (the folks who make the Invisible Shield) actually make screen cleaners in both towelette form (which I just found at Target) and a spray. I would try something like that before using Clorox. Hope this helps :)

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I?m not saying it won?t work, but Clorox sounds a little harsh on the iPad. Let us know if it works or doesn?t work. That?s a good question though. I normally just use a microfiber cloth to clean mine off, but I know that doesn?t kill germs.

Last edited:

GaurhothW

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Honesty I would not use any type of remotely harsh chemical. I use a dab of water and a good quality microfiber cloth. A good microfiber cloth is amazing at cleaning grime,gunk, and germs from a glass screen.

The good microfiber cloths are the ones that feel slightly prickly when you run a finger across them.

katrina2475

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I use just a tiny spritz of vinegar water on a microfiber cloth. I use vinegar to clean and disinfect my whole house.

Sent from my Android device until I am able to get an iPhone.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Bit of alcohol and water along with a microfiber cloth. Or search for iklear on amazon..supposedly its what the apple stores use. I got a kit as a gift.

kmichalec

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Little bit of rubbing alcohol, on a cloth will do fine... Clorox is too harsh, and leaves a film afterwards unless rinsed off. Rubbing Alcohol self evaporates...

isaac65

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Oh, geeze guys. Please tell me you're kidding... You should never use any kind of cleaner solution or solvent on an iPad or iPhone 4. It will eat away at the oliophoic coating on the screen.

You shouldn't use anything other than a soft microfiber cloth and a few drops of water to clean the screen. You could probably get away with cleaning the back with some of that iKlear stuff. I use HDTV screen cleaner on the back of my iPad 2.

Hope this helps.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I use eye glass cleaner that I buy for my eye classes. It is cleanser, alcohol and ammonia free. I see no point whatsoever in using anything other than this with a microfiber cloth.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative